• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Brooms!

Try a store that sells concrete supplies. Sorry I can't tell you what type of brooms they have and I know I'm not talking finishing brooms. Over the years I've bought three very stiff and durable brooms that I got at our local concrete place. They are stiff enough to remove dried mud from concrete. In fact I've even received compliments on them from guys I work with.

I've played a few courses with brooms, and they are a nice addition, especially if you are in a sandy area. I think getting them for any course is a great idea, but by nature they won't be along term investment. Even with the most conscientious players and park goers the brooms will wear-out/get broken.

Of the brooms I've seen the straw ones work the best and seem to last longest. I was at Pirate Pointe DGC on Amelia Island in FL(awesome course by the way), and those brooms were haggard but still functional, the wood handles were definitely on the edge of being hazardous to users though.

The Dollar store option is the cheapest, but you will replace them more often, I mean those things break under normal household usage within a month or so.

you could check out restaurant supply stores, they will have the most options, and anything designed to work in a food service environment is designed to be used by the craziest people around:) so it will hold up.

I want my home course to get broom on a few of our tee pads, but knowing the drunken rec-ies that overwhelm our park it would only be a week before two sunburnt and shirtless imbeciles had a sword that resulted in an ER visit for somebody.

If you're looking for cheap'nfast, check out local dollar stores...

agreed. Buying online you will spend money on shipping which is a waste

I've heard Deerfield can get pretty nasty as far as theft and vandalism. Maybe a hook to hang a small broom on the back of tee signposts too wouldn't be a bad idea.

the hook route is the best way to go, but still people will break them in half

GOD you'd have to really be a bum to steal a broom :doh:

I think it's more of people breaking them and them getting throw away then actually people stealing them.

Both Fallasburg and Flip City used to have brooms on almost every hole. That is now a thing of the past.

yeah i have played a course or two in the past that had them and I Love It! but again around here i too fear they wouldnt last long at all.. maybe at one or two course but the majority would be broken or stolen... hell the lil baseball kids bash the baskets with their baseball bats just for kicks god knows what they would do to the poor lil broom :eek:

TLDR full thread, just sayin, we had $1 store brooms in Joliet once for a B/C tier. Some dude cut the sh*****t outta his hand trying to sweep the teepad. Yes, the broom handle collapsed and tore.....be careful ;)

TLDR full thread, just sayin, we had $1 store brooms in Joliet once for a B/C tier. Some dude cut the sh*****t outta his hand trying to sweep the teepad. Yes, the broom handle collapsed and tore.....be careful ;)

It happened recently at Mt. Airy as well. Brooms are vicious creatures :wall:

We have a lot of scottch broom growing around here, seems like we can't get rid of it.
So we all just pull out a wad or two, and use it.
There is always a stack of dead and dried out old stuff by the Tee Pads on our local course.
Works great.

Last edited:
Bought 10 dollar store brooms for lakewood in seattle. The brooms lasted as long as DA kids didn't break them. They lasted 1 week before they were all broken to the point of being useless.

If you have a guy in the club who uses a cart then buy a battery powered leaf blower and let him blow the tees off once a week when he is playing. There is one on Ebay for 35.00.
Or, looser carries & blows