• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Bucksnort/Bailey/Beaver Ranch Sept 20-22

Booked Bucksnort for 10am Monday the 20th, looks like I may be the only one on the card so far.

So that helps me get a schedule set, but maybe a local could tell me if this is insane for a 50-year-old who normally needs a nap after playing one round at sea level:

19th: drive 13+ hours, find hotel
20th: Bucksnort at 10am, check into Red Rocks hotel, nap/eat and maybe find a glow round
21th: get a morning round at the bluebird putter course at Beaver Ranch, wife flies in, Khrungbin show
22nd: wife flies out in the morning, maybe wander around Denver or Boulder, play Beaver Ranch main course or Bailey, find a new hotel
23rd: had planned to drive back but will likely play either Bear Mountain or Bailey, probably Bear since I could use a cart for some relief
24th: take off eh

So if there are any 60-90 minute courses on that side of town worth playing, let me know. If anyone wants to jump in on any rounds, lemmie know and we'll hook it up.

Could also use some suggestions for the best shops in the area and good local places to eat

Only have time for one - do I play Bailey or Bear Mtn? Bear sez it's somewhat cart-friendly and I'll prob need mine after so much DG over 3 days.
'

Only have time for one - do I play Bailey or Bear Mtn? Bear sez it's somewhat cart-friendly and I'll prob need mine after so much DG over 3 days.
'

It has been a few years since I played out there but I had a mild preference for Bailey (one of my all-time favorite courses) over Bear Mountain. But Bailey is on school district property so there are rules and stuff. If you are looking for a more loosey-goosey vibe you might prefer Bear Mountain. Also, Bear Mountain may have continued to improve in recent years.

So, no wrong choice, and either is a dang fine round of disc golf. Have fun!

Doing laundry, packing up, etc before I leave in the morning.
Going to spend Sunday night in Pueblo. I should have time to play City Park course before dark, looks like a classic old school public course. Anyone in Pueblo wants to show me the lines around 5-5:30 tomorrow, I'll be the guy who looks like he just drove 10 hours with Texas plates.

https://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=418

BUT I do have my discs/cart/supplies all set already.
Here's my 'loaded' 32-disc setup which would include back-ups in the large cooler. I normally take the small cooler but I'm sure I'll want the extra water and snacks. I keep a full 28oz bottle in the drink holder and the larger 60oz iced water cooler hanging from the handle. I discovered it really helps my hand sweat to wrap a towel around the handle too. I'll trim it down to just 8-10 discs and a stool for the ones where a cart won't work. The zippered bag pocket has first aid, snack bar, nail trimmer and file, a Bushnell knock-off and a slingshot. The putter pocket holds the golden retriever and chalk bag. There's also a disc-grabbing pole velcroed on with a speaker in the otherwise useless cart cupholder.

picture.php

. . . I'll trim it down to just 8-10 discs and a stool for the ones where a cart won't work.

Smart. When I was in CO the guys with the 20-disc backpacks were looking enviously at my 9-disc shoulder bag after some of the steeper sections.

Have a great trip!

Smart. When I was in CO the guys with the 20-disc backpacks were looking enviously at my 9-disc shoulder bag after some of the steeper sections.

Have a great trip!

Rookies. I bring my full bag to all of the mountain courses. Man up.

Short version - HOLY SH*T those are fun courses.
So well maintained, loved even. It was like Maple Hill but with steeper elevations and more variety of trees. A few grassy fairways gave me an old Fly Boy vibe, just no golf carts.

I thought my hip or back would give out first but surprisingly it was my upper arm that said 'enough!' The uphill RHFH with an nose-down angle with a rising anny release started to catch up to me.

I did manage to coordinate it so Bear Mountain was course #150, my last one of the trip. Dan pointed me to a fantastic hamburger at Crossroads Bar & Grill a few towns away too, and he hooked me up with a 1.1 Omega from his stash :D

Short version - HOLY SH*T those are fun courses.

100% agree. Sounds like you had a fabulous trip!

Yeah uphill sidearms take a toll, I don't really throw that shot any more.

Did you get to play Bailey or the main Beaver course?

I had to save Bailey and Beaver main for the next trip. Once I realized I could hit 150 courses I had to replace those with some in-town 9 holers. Awesome catching baskets at CCU, I've never seen the style of the 3-chain/3 ring before and now I want it to be required on ALL of them. Even Interlocken East was better than any 9-holer in Dallas.

Next run will include Colo Springs maybe, along with Beaver and Bailey, maybe add New Mexico to the # of states played list.

I had to save Bailey and Beaver main for the next trip. Once I realized I could hit 150 courses I had to replace those with some in-town 9 holers. Awesome catching baskets at CCU, I've never seen the style of the 3-chain/3 ring before and now I want it to be required on ALL of them. Even Interlocken East was better than any 9-holer in Dallas.

Next run will include Colo Springs maybe, along with Beaver and Bailey, maybe add New Mexico to the # of states played list.

I love the Beave!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts