• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Building a All-Purpose bag

BrownTown

Looking to put together a bag this year that will cover most shots. I will stick to Innova disc for now. Is there anything I could add or benefit from? I have a few disc from 10-13 on the Innova chart but I throw the speed 9 better than anything higher. I throw 50/50 RHBA & Sidearm.

Vitals:
Years playing/experience: DG randomly since 1998
Golf Distance Drivers: 250-275

Bag: Gorilla Boy Chimp (14-16 not including putters)

Drivers
Teebird (my sidearm driver)
Valkyrie
KC Gazelle
KC Cheetah

Mids:
KC Roc

Putters:
I use Aviars for my putting needs. I do not feel I need or missing anything. I have about 5 more molds but throw my Aviars the best. I will use my Omega Supersoft when it gets cold out.

I am thinking about adding a Mako or Coyote for mid, I don't like the shark I have. What disc for a thumber? Any Drivers or Mids I should try out?

KC Gazelle for stable to slightly over stable with fade drives.
KC Cheetah for any straighter and line shaping capabilities.
KC Roc for any line.
Aviars for any lines.

Use the Teebird for your Side arms, or Gazelles for it as well. That's all you'll need, at your distances you're not going to need anything faster, as they'll only hinder your capabilities. You've got a VERY capable bag.

^Agreed although...

A Leopard might be nice to have if the Cheetah isn't understable enough and it can be a pain trying to get fresh KC Pro Rocs to hold anny lines so an Ontario Roc, Coyote, Cobra, Stingray, etc might be nice to add.

Maybe toss a Whippet or Banshee in there if the wind kicks up or you need a big skip.

Yeah, I should have said to throw a Banshee in there for those must turn left, or windiest shots. You should just beat up Rocs for your under stables though, lol.

First thing, sell me the KC Pro Gazelle... J/K.

Seriously though, looks good so far. I agree that you might want to throw a leopard in there just to have something that will turn over a little easier for those RHBH annys, that is if the Cheetah is still fading too much on you.

If you are wanting to fill out the bag a little, maybe just get a couple of each. A lot of people carry a couple of each mold as back-ups in case you lose one, or if you are out just practicing and want to throw a couple shots, etc.

The best advice is to keep it pretty simple and don't try throwing these new, fast, ridiculous for most people drivers until you actually have the ability to throw them properly, it will only be frustrating and lead to bad habits.

I am thinking about adding a Mako or Coyote for mid, I don't like the shark I have. What disc for a thumber? Any Drivers or Mids I should try out?

either mako or coyote would be good for anhyzers and turnovers. i believe the coyote is a little less stable. mako is supposed to be dead neutral (0 turn 0 fade) so it basically only does what you tell it to do.

for thumbers, just use the drivers you already have. they will all give you slightly different lines but if you are still learning the shot then they will work just fine.

Latest posts