• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Building The Bag: Part 2 on SpinTV

i like how he said the common misconception part. speed 13 isnt the disc your going to get your max d from. good video.

great video and i'll say it again... wish these were around when i started. i also like the way you circled the disc in flight on the distance shots. it made them a lot easier to follow.

I liked the video. I also knew what everything meant though. I know it is going to be hard to describe flight characteristics when everyone will make the disc fly a little different based on form, arm speed, snap, and outside variables. But for a beginner to watch this, I think these discs mentioned would be the first ones I would buy, because it seemed really professional and very confident in the presentation.

Good job. I look forward to the next one.

great video and i'll say it again... wish these were around when i started. i also like the way you circled the disc in flight on the distance shots. it made them a lot easier to follow.

Glad to hear it. One thing we're going to experiment with this year is different "tracking" animations to see what works best for helping viewers follow shots since we don't have the luxury of $80k cameras and veterans of NFL games, lol.

Just a thought: if you're going to be making many videos, you should specify in the name what audience they're geared towards (the name of this video would be "Building the Bag: Beginners" or something along those lines). That way more people will be able to tell whether they will learn what they need to by watching the video.
The one thing that stood out to me as the best improvement over past DG videos:
You circled the disc in flight. Good thinking, overall a nice video. Hope to see many more coming out later.

Although I personally am not a fan of meatheads with big ego's, the guy does alot to promote the sport in a positive manner. You can expect first runs of every mold he mentioned in these 2 videos to spike 25% in price in the coming months just as the 11x rocs did after Brinster, Climo and Jenkins had in the bags and all of a sudden 20 people posted wanted ads in the marketplace for Sentinels when they probably didnt even know what they were.

Why is Avery a meathead? Because he's a big guy?

I don't understand the generalizations.

Why is Avery a meathead? Because he's a big guy?

I don't understand the generalizations.

I think he stated "meathead with a big ego", totally different. Glad we straightened that out. Phew.

Looks like someone has a personal grudge, but isn't telling us all why.

I think he stated "meathead with a big ego", totally different. Glad we straightened that out. Phew.

Not sure I see the 'big ego' either. Avery seems like a great guy and, like he himself even said, is a great ambassador for the sport. I've met him a few times and I didn't see an ego at all.

Looks like someone has a personal grudge, but isn't telling us all why.

Agreed.