• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Bulk Order Discs for Dyeing Practice?

Darsa

Hello!

I'm new to playing and to dyeing; I honestly did look through the forum to see if I could find the answer before posting, honest I did!!

I'd like to buy a bunch of discs in white or at least a pale color to practice dye techniques with, and I'm hoping to find them at a reasonable enough price that I won't cry if they come out crappy. Does anyone have any opinions/advice/suggestions on good resources for this kind of thing?

Thanks! :D

~ Rachel

Define "reasonable" ;).

I'll ask a few questions:
- Why do you want to start dyeing? For your discs? To try to start a business?

- If it's for yourself - buy discs you throw or want to try to throw. If it's for a business, I'd suggest dyeing the discs that people want (they send you the disc, or tell you what to buy).
- Depending on the technique, you can "practice" on any premium plastic disc. Ask friends for old discs. Play It Again used bins. Put a wanted ad in the marketplace. Used discs will be much more reasonable.
- Once you get your skills to where you want to be, then you can buy discs. Innova pro shop sells X-outs, so not a regular stamp. Some other online places sell x-outs. If you are buying regular discs, many of the online retailers will try to get you the colors you want (but you will play market prices). There are also non-stamped discs (which are the best - no bleeding from the wiped stamps).

I was pretty heavy into dyeing for a bit. Haven't done it for a bit, don't have the time anymore to do it. Good luck! Enjoy the journey. The disc dyeing forum has slowed a bit - but post your questions and be patient - there's a lot of knowledge out there.

Latest posts