• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

BUSTED!!

XxInnovaxX

Double Eagle Member
well i just got back in from playing 3/4 of a round of night golf....you notice i said 3/4.....well we were on hole 14 at bear creek and we noticed a car was shining its headlights on our trucks so we figured we better go check it out...turns out it was grapevines "finest"....to make a long story short they basically told us that we werent supposed to be at the park after 10..wrote us a warning...and sent us on our way....this is my second time, 1 at bear creek in grapevine and 1 at pecan park in nacogdoches......i know at lake lewisville the cops dont care...but are there any other courses i could go play a round of night golf, cops permitting, as its getting way too hot to try and play during the day....and i was just wondering if anyone else has run into this problem...if so lets here the story!! :)

I plead the 5th! I've had way too many encounters with cops playing after dark, even where its legal. I love it when the ask what Im doing, and Im holding 5 glowing discs and a flashlite in my hands.

I plead the 5th! I've had way too many encounters with cops playing after dark, even where its legal. I love it when the ask what Im doing, and Im holding 5 glowing discs and a flashlite in my hands.

lol yea it sucks..you feel stupid as hell...you try to explain to em what disc golf is...then you have to explain how and why you play at night...and then they still give you that dumbfounded look.....he just gave us a warning...but can they actually give you a ticket for that...and if so, what would the charge be...personally i dont care what they say ill def be back out there soon...but im just curious

That sucks. I imagine if you got ticketed the charge would be trespassing.

night golf in the summer

well i just got back in from playing 3/4 of a round of night golf....you notice i said 3/4.....well we were on hole 14 at bear creek and we noticed a car was shining its headlights on our trucks so we figured we better go check it out...turns out it was grapevines "finest"....to make a long story short they basically told us that we werent supposed to be at the park after 10..wrote us a warning...and sent us on our way....this is my second time, 1 at bear creek in grapevine and 1 at pecan park in nacogdoches......i know at lake lewisville the cops dont care...but are there any other courses i could go play a round of night golf, cops permitting, as its getting way too hot to try and play during the day....and i was just wondering if anyone else has run into this problem...if so lets here the story!! :)
Dude if you really want to play some night golf at a course that is lit for 24 hour play then clyde fant in Shreveport has been lit since it's been in the ground. I have played out there at 3 in the morning before and the cops don't pull in unless there large crowds hanging around the parking lot. So as long as you have a disc in your hand you look like you belong there. It just isn't an Epic course, but I have played worse.:)

well i kinda like the ones that stay pretty dark at night bc i like to watch the lights fly in the dark...but if i ever am passing through i might have to make a stop...

Find a course near a neighborhood and makes some friends. If you walk to the course there is no car for them to investigate.

Find a course near a neighborhood and makes some friends. If you walk to the course there is no car for them to investigate.

well theres a neighborhood that connects to the backside of this one...i guess i could park at the end of the road....the only risk in that would be getting towed...maybe both neighbors would think the other was having friends over..:)

I guess they are pretty serious about really closing the park at dark. I have never played disc golf at night and I guess I never thought police interference would be a problem. I am sorry to hear that the police don't have better things to do. They must be concerned that someone on the course at night is vandalizing it.

I guess they are pretty serious about really closing the park at dark. I have never played disc golf at night and I guess I never thought police interference would be a problem. I am sorry to hear that the police don't have better things to do. They must be concerned that someone on the course at night is vandalizing it.

i guess running plates at the local gas station gets boring after a while.

here you go....

we tell the people at the parks dept. and the police dept. that we are running a fundraiser for some worthy cause (pick your own).on such-and such night and haven't had any problems since.
they even cruise the park to keep an "eye" on our vehicles for us.

just make sure yor "fundraiser" is for something they would get behind, not just raising cash for new baskets or whatever they could care less about.

well yeah,
if your the only player at the fundraiser the powers that be would question "just how legitimate it really is".:)

you would need to have some sort of group play.;)

You gotta come down to Sea Brook , TX. Its right near the Kemah Boardwalk. The course has a huge hill, and after dark, we sit on the hill, watch the fireworks that they shoot off at the Boardwalk, and then hang glow sticks on the baskets, and play disc golf till 2am.

I had to sneak out of a course, as they locked the gate at 10, and our car was parked there after it was locked up. In order to escape, we had to drive across a ped. foot bridge in a honda accord, then through a childrens park, making sure to keep the headlights out and checking for cops. Be careful, we got really lucky to just get out after the park closed

Latest posts