• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Buzz VS Roc

Buzz or Roc

• You are now Roc'n with the best!

Votes: 106 43.8%
  • I need to catch a Buzz!

Votes: 136 56.2%

• Total voters
Buzzz

oh and you should post this in the "Can of worms" thread, because that is what you just did. You set a can of worms on the table, and then opened it.

It depends on what the roc you have now does for you, and what exactly you're looking for. If you want something more overstable, go with the roc. If you're looking for something straighter or easier to turn over, go with a buzz. They're both great discs, and each have their own strengths.

i got tired of arguing over which one is better so i figured i would finally settle it by playing a round with a buzzz one day and then playing one with the roc the next...same course, same tees....needless to say my score was the same, each had its throws that were better than the others, but im sure that was bc of the thrower and not the disc...if you have the money i suggest getting both, but either or you cant go wrong

still voted roc though :) ....c'mon!! a guy with my sn CANT vote for the buzzz...

If you're looking for something straighter or easier to turn over, go with a buzz.

Don't forget your options with the roc. Rancho will be overstable until it's broken in, yes. An Ontario or a San Marino could be that perfect compliment to it though. But to be quite honest, you can't go wrong with either choice.

Gotta love the homophobic buzz bashers who can't spell. Awesome. For the record it did make me laugh. Sounds like something my buddy (who lives on the buzzz) would say.

I have the 164 Rancho RW-Pro Roc, I have flipped it over once or twice. I like it on calm days.
Makes me nervous in the wind. Maybe I should just rip it more in the wind...
And that's what I'm looking for, so maybe a heavier Roc is the way to go. I need something for the wind and shorter drives.
I think I'll get another Roc.
I notice lots of 180 Rocs. I'm thinkin around 173-175 or so.
What plastic is your fave on these?

Last edited:
So sick of these topics, everyone should know by now to just buy a Buzzz!

Have a roc - it's okay at best. Bought a buzzz this morning and missed an ace by a foot with it. Buzzz all the way!

I notice lots of 180 Rocs. I'm thinkin around 173-175 or so.What plastic is your fave on these?

I like heavier plastics myself, I've got two 180 rocs, and a 175 i used to throw just got 'retired'. I would def. recommend the 180's (or 175 for that matter)

But keep in mind my lightest disc is a 172.

As for plastic, I like the glow, but you can only get a rancho in glow. I've an Ontario on the way in star, I'll let you know how that works out for me.

Buzzz. If you don''t even have one you got to try it. Exspecially because it is one of the most popular discs today. Recently all the polls like the one you just did the Buzzz has been coming out on top.

I prefer a Roc but I also carry a Buzz. Try anything and everything and stop this stupid argument

I am looking into getting a roc or a buzz, but i do not know which one to get to fit my throwing style(RHFH).
Any advice on which to go with would be greatly appreciated.

Buzzz all the way. Consistently straight and the best disc period.

If you get a Roc, Buy a Buzzz too and thank me later.