• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Mids] Buzzz: Big Z vs. Z vs. Crystal

I have all three. The crystal is the least stable, Z in the middle and big Z is pretty beefy. I bag the Z and Big Z. I throw comets for understable.

In my experience, Crystal Buzzz's tend to be flippy right out of the box, but I also have some that are very stable.
My experience w/ Biz Z Comets has been that they are less stable than new Z

I've never thrown a cryztal buzzz. I'd love to get one. They seem pretty, but not really a workhorse.

I have 2 Z and 2 BigZ. One Big Z is overstable (though not as much as my GloZ Buzzz) and the other is less so. The various big Z discs don't always seem to have the same plastic. I posted a picture somewhere (sorry that doesn't help), but the more stable BigZ is much more opaque, while the less stable is more translucent, seeming closer to Z.

So, my 4 discs, from most overstable to least:
1) BigZ, opaque, 178
2) Z, Fly-dye, 177+
3) BigZ, clearer, 177+
4) Z, tourney stamp, 174

I love 'em all. They're more similar than different, but I typically bag 3 and 4 right now.

My good friend is a Buzzz addict so I've thrown plenty of his...CryZtal tends to be more understable. The rest were all very similar in any premium plastic (FLX, ESP, Z, BigZ, etc)

Agreed. I think Discraft has done a good job with the Buzzz. Weight and stage of wear are probably the most important determinants of stability. I like Z and big Z in particular since they seem plenty durable and just get better with time.

Latest posts