• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Buzzz guide

Every was I've thown goes dead straight with only a slight bit more fade than a buzzz. I disagree that wasp=buzzz os

Even if a Wasp is not equal to a Buzzz OS Discraft has enough overstable Mids in there line up. I think there Mid line up is really, really solid. I don't think there are many if any gaps in it at all.

my cryZtal buzzz is the most stable buzzz i own.

Yeah I don't think they are more overstable than regular Z eather. Just a see through Z Buzzz IMO.

I really like FLX and Elite X. They are my two favs but there is definatly a little bit of a difference with the different types of plastic as far as stability goes.

All of this is my experince with the great BUZZZ

Elite X beats fast and becomes a bit understable. Love this disc for Spike Anhzers and turnover shots.

FLX Holds any line I put the thing on and beats really slow.

Elite Z may be just a bit more overstable than Elite X but does not beat in as fast. I like it for soft landing anhyzers and hyzers and flex shots.

Glow is the same as Elite Z so is crystal IMO.

I have never thrown a GT but I may have to look into it.

They all make Great ROLLERS

my cryZtal buzzz is the most stable buzzz i own.

That's funny. I have a cryZtal Buzzz that is highly understable. It fits right in between straight Buzzz and Meteor. It's a definite freak, but its also nice to have in the bag.

IMO Buzzz stabilities work out like this (assuming every one is max weight, 178g) from most overstable to most understable, new out of the box
Glow
Elite Z
CryZtal
ESP
FLX
Elite X
Pro D.

Dang, now I'm going to have to buy a bunch of Buzzz's that I don't have yet. Thanks everyone.

Pro D Buzzz is almost like a whole different feel. They are a bit understable right out of the box and break in to be really understable, especially in lighter weights. I used to throw both the X and D Buzzz but my bar stamped one has gotten so beat in I don't need them anymore.

Quickest way to end a first date: Start talking about Wasp 'tooling' and how cool the Buzzzzz is!

First Run Pro D Buzzz - same plastic as Cam Todd Challengers (very stiff). The only ones I have seen were a fundraiser for A3 Disc (all orange with black stamp) sold at the 2004 DGLO.

These were the best feeling Pro D Buzzz I have ever felt and held up much longer than production runs. The following runs were a soft plastic and would beat in before the front 9 was completed.

People who want a Buzzz OS aren't stupid, they just want something that's readily available that will fly like the wasp was supposed to, since the new molds are a completely different disc. I think it would be a good money-making option for Discraft. People will be able to replace their wasps without having to search around for older molds. Plus, if the disc says buzzz on it, it will sell. (Most popular mid-range by far)

2003 Holiday X Buzzz - 1st run X Buzzz. Very flat, Wasp tooling. Came on either red or green disc with a happy holidays stamp. Other early runs of X Buzzz have wasp tooling, but the Holiday X Buzzz were the true first runs in elite X plastic.

I have 3 of the non-first run Elite X WASP tooled Buzzzes

not super flat...not as compared to a bar stamp Z

I haven't seen the Holiday one in person

mine are blue sparkle X

some of the best X plastic going

i used to own a holiday buzzz with the wasp tooling. the plastic itself feels like a champy star mix imho. I never threw it as it looked way to nice to throw. sold it to arocep on here

My Wasp Tooled and SS
1078m6a.jpg