• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Buzzz guide

Yeah, this is where Ti is going to live or die. If they don't add some more vibrant colors, especially with fall on the way, they are never going to sell.

Edit: Judging by the banner ads up top here, they are trying to change up the colors, so good for them.

I just picked up a TI Buzzz in "pink". I would consider it more of a raspberry color...but regardless, it is definitly brighter than the olive and dark blue colors that they were making before.

And by the way...I love the way it flies. Flies exactly the same way my ESP Buzzz does, but the grip and the way it feels in my hand is a whole lot better.

Lovin it so far!

I just picked up a TI Buzzz in "pink". I would consider it more of a raspberry color...but regardless, it is definitly brighter than the olive and dark blue colors that they were making before.

And by the way...I love the way it flies. Flies exactly the same way my ESP Buzzz does, but the grip and the way it feels in my hand is a whole lot better.

Lovin it so far!

I had Nate Doss sign my red/pink/raspberry/whatever Ti Buzzz on Sunday, and he told me that those ones are his favorites of the Ti Buzzzes. He said he thinks the red coloring additives are a little more dense and so the red ones fly better for him. Or maybe, they just ran all the red ones on a Wednesday. :D

The Tis come is some pretty good and bright colors I think... Pink being my favoriote too of course!
picture.php

I've thrown a lot of Buzzzs but the ones that work best for me are the CryZtal FLXs and the CryZtal Sparkle Buzzzs as I have found that they are the most stable for me. The regular CryZtals, ESP, and Zs, minus the wasp tooled bar stamped ones, flip right over on me when I drove with them. I always release them on a low line hyzer RHBH and the CryZtal FLXs and the CryZtal Sparkles just work magic after that...

didn't want to start a new thread. Does anyone know where there are some pearly buzzz's at. I have access to some but want more of a selection. The ones I have been seeing have a bottom stamp on them as well. These pearly buzzz's are sexy and i want some more!!!

The Tis come is some pretty good and bright colors I think... Pink being my favoriote too of course!
picture.php

I've thrown a lot of Buzzzs but the ones that work best for me are the CryZtal FLXs and the CryZtal Sparkle Buzzzs as I have found that they are the most stable for me. The regular CryZtals, ESP, and Zs, minus the wasp tooled bar stamped ones, flip right over on me when I drove with them. I always release them on a low line hyzer RHBH and the CryZtal FLXs and the CryZtal Sparkles just work magic after that...

Are the Cryztal FLXs readily available anywhere I won't have to pay an appendage for?

Anyone else throw a Crystal Z SS? I traded for one last year and like the way they throw. I've never seen another one and was wondering if they are rare?

They aren't very rare around kc at least because of dynamic discs. I have one and also love it. Compliments my buzzz beautifully.

Have one like this ^^^ bought from Ralph Williamson in Seattle on a business trip in 2005 ... Yellowish with a Seattle area tourney stamp on it and the WASP tooling ... always wondered what run it was ... pretty sure it is a first run though ...

Buzzz has just a bit more dome on it.

this is highly debatable. any buzz created from the retooled wasp mold is pretty much flat top to almost concave. I would say the wasp top and the buzzz top are almost identical.
Maybe the wasp I have is a runt, but the ESP wasp in my bag has more dome than the 3 FLX Buzzzes in my bag and the 2 FLX buzzzes in my ace box. I Did notice that the D Wasp starts out more flat topped than the D buzzz, but both become concave within a few weeks.

I can't speak for the crappy buzzzes that were made from their own mold after the 1st runs that ended up being domey and were horrible to throw. I'm glad they didn't run the flx in that mold or I would still be running around trying to find 1st runs to throw!

I think it is for the most part the same a Z but clear. I have heard some people say that it is a bit more overstable than Z but I can't tell the difference.

It is the same as the Z plastic, just a bit more tacky and slightly better grip. The fact that these discs say "super straight" in the title does not mean they are Buzzz SS's. the Buzzz SS came out later. Flight patterns for the Z Buzzz and CryZtal Buzzz should be the same

There has always been some controversy on these but I believe it's a 2nd run. Done using the original wasp mold before they made the buzzz specific mold.

Last edited:
so 2nd run . these came out after the 2nd first runs then?

No they came out before the second first runs. The way it was explained to me by someone who worked at discraft, is that these were the first run molds using the modified wasp mold, and could possibly be first runs, as not all first runs were labled as such. The buzz then got its own mold, which came out domey and nobody liked. Then they went back to the wasp mold for the 2006 players cup second first runs

Latest posts