• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Buzzz SS Thoughts

Nick C

Birdie Member
Has anyone had a good chance to try out the new Elite-Z Buzzz SS? I currently use an Elite-Z Buzzz for probably around 50% or more of my shots but being this high up in altitude it is fairly overstable. I'm hoping the Buzzz SS can be used for more anhyzer shots and see if it can take over the comet's spot in my bag

I'm going to :popcorn: this and see what the reactions are as I too would kind of like to try one out.

Has anyone had a good chance to try out the new Elite-Z Buzzz SS? I currently use an Elite-Z Buzzz for probably around 50% or more of my shots but being this high up in altitude it is fairly overstable. I'm hoping the Buzzz SS can be used for more anhyzer shots and see if it can take over the comet's spot in my bag

why do you want to get rid of your comet?

I think it's a little too flippy for me but mainly I'd like to try and play with the least amount of molds if possible. Also, I like the Buzzz so much I figure if I can have a similar feel for anhyzer's then I'm in

I don't know about him, but I can't stand the way the Comet feels in my hand. I love my Buzzz's, but my Comet sits at home. If I could find something with a similar flight, that feels like a Buzzz in my hand, I would be a happy guy myself ...

I have played 2 rounds with a SS-Z Buzzz, and seem to be liking it so far. I'm thinking about replacing my Comet with it, but need a little more time with it to make sure.

I don't know about him, but I can't stand the way the Comet feels in my hand. I love my Buzzz's, but my Comet sits at home. If I could find something with a similar flight, that feels like a Buzzz in my hand, I would be a happy guy myself ...
I have not tried the buzzz ss but I use a qms for this role.

I think it's a little too flippy for me but mainly I'd like to try and play with the least amount of molds if possible. Also, I like the Buzzz so much I figure if I can have a similar feel for anhyzer's then I'm in

what about beating in a pro d buzzz (if you are reducing molds)? Although I don't know much about the buzzz, never even thrown one. I'm a roc/comet kinda guy

The elite x buzzz turns into a really nice understable disc after awhile. The buzzz ss was meant to do this right out of the box.

I have been throwing the Glow Fundraiser Buzzz SS for about 7 months and I love it. I know it is not the Z platsic the OP asked about but I love Glow plastic. My impression of the Buzzz SS is a straighter and longer version of my Buzzz FLX. It is not flippy at all but can hold an anny line if you want it to. It is slowly taking the place of both my Buzzz FLX and DX Skeeter.

I agree with those above that the Comet feels terrible in my hand. I can throw it pretty well but it has been ejected from my bag for feeling wonky.

I threw a buzzz ss a total of 2 times. It felt pretty stabel. I was throwing uphill so that might have been part of it. I was expecting something more flippy.

I like my buzzz ss so far. Better for anny and "s" shots for me so far. I still have my barstamp buzzz in my bag for straight shots or semi hyzet shots. Ive already hit basket on my local course for an almost ace with my buzzz ss.

If you are trying to minimize molds why not get an Buzzz ESP or ESP FLX. they tend to be less stable the the EliteZ's and they are still a regular Buzzz. Try it out

I have been throwing the Glow Fundraiser Buzzz SS for about 7 months and I love it. I know it is not the Z platsic the OP asked about but I love Glow plastic. My impression of the Buzzz SS is a straighter and longer version of my Buzzz FLX. It is not flippy at all but can hold an anny line if you want it to. It is slowly taking the place of both my Buzzz FLX and DX Skeeter.

I agree with those above that the Comet feels terrible in my hand. I can throw it pretty well but it has been ejected from my bag for feeling wonky.

I had one in the glo plastic also, that plastic is $$$ and it did fly like a beat in buzz to me. Complemented a new buzz nicely

Have you tried a Latitude 64 Fuse? It feels like a Buzzz and flies a lot like a Comet.

The Z Buzzz SS is far domier than the Fuse, and a little slower. I think this greatly helps with the slow speed stability. My Fuse, whatever line you put it on, it finishes there. The Buzzz SS, it will hold that line for the majority of the flight but will try to correct itself at the end. I find this more valuable because it means that I do not have to be as perfect in its release and if it is released on an anhyzer line, it is more likely to finish flat on the ground than hitting on edge like the Fuse. This reduces nasty skips, hops, and roll aways. When it comes to snow, that also means that it is less likely to slice under it.

What I really like about the Z Buzzz SS is that when thrown with lower power it is not that much different than a normal Buzzz, so it is capable of handling those shots especially at closer range, but when when thrown correctly you can muscle it too for some great distance.

I had it out at Blue Ribbon Pines a few days back and used it as my only mid (carry four discs total). There were a few drives with it that I would like to have back, but it was pure money when it came to approaches. It worked really well when I needed a perfect shot and I had to stand and deliver because of my footing.

Now, it seems to have the perfect stability for me right now. However, I am curious how it will handle warmer weather in a few months when all discs lose some of their stability.

Just to throw this out there, its flight reminds me an ever so slightly less stable Star Mako. Its speed and needed release technique is nearly identical to me.

i've been throwing the buzzz ss for 2 years now, since it came out for the 08 worlds. i don't know about the production run domey ones. mine is flat and money. i would never go to the course without it. will hold any line you put it on. i use mine specifically for low tunnel shots, anhyzers, hyzer flip to flat, even holds hyzer lines that need to go straight almost the whole flight(though i generally throw a buzzz for this shot). i've been throwing mine for 2 years now and it is still about the same stability. not too flippy at all. if you're thinking about getting one, do it.

I can push a brand new z buzz to 280 on a straight line little fade consistently (not amazing but just saying)...should be getting an SS in the mail here pretty soon. I'm looking for a more controllable turnover mid...hoping this will be it.