• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vs.] Meteor vs Buzzz SS

Stable

* Ace Member *
Meteor vs Buzzz SS

Anyone have a hard time deciding between these two understable mids? I've been using Mako3's for the past year but they can get a little too flippy.

I've found that the Meteor can get out a little further but I prefer the feel of the Buzzz SS.

I've tried both too, and ultimately I went with the Buzzz SS b/c like you, I preferred the feeling. I found their lines to be pretty similar, but the Meteor did tend to have a touch more glide and turn for me as the flight numbers would suggest. I like the feeling of a flat disc and Meteor had some dome to it.

I bag both.
Meteor is for long sweeping turnovers while the Buzzz SS is my flip to flat straight shooter.
Yes they are somewhat similar, but I've been coupling these two for years.

I think a new Buzzz SS flies more like the older Buzzz did. . a new Buzzz is quite OS. .
I have more gone from the Buzzz to the SS for that dead straight shot. .
I like to throw the SS quite hard but the Meteor is more of a finesse disc to hit turnover lines.

I bag both a VanDyken Tour Series Meteor and a Barham Tour Series Buzzz SS. The Meteor does what I had thought the Buzzz SS would do. I also found that the Buzzz SS was more flip to flat and straight but the Meteor was for those long sweeps. I bag a Drone, Buzzz, Buzzz SS and Meteor. They cover all my mid shots at this stage in my game.

I bag both. 2021 van Dyken Meteor and a Z Buzzz SS. I use the SS for dead straight shots that I can give some height to or milder anhyzers that continue to push. I use the meteor for a lot more aggressive turn and when I need a dead straight shot with a low ceiling. IMO, the Meteor has more glide and the SS is a bit more controllable due to stability.

I bag both the meteor and the SS

I bag both. I throw the 2021 Van Dyken Meteor and a Buzzz SS in Z plastic. I use the SS for milder anhyzers and dead straight shots when I can give it some height. I use the meteor for more turn and dead straight shots that have a low ceiling. IMO, the meteor has more glide and the SS is more controllable due to its stability.

meteor has that notorious "hit point" where it wont flip obviously until it hits it and thats at pretty high speed and then its def not coming back

its fast and sneaky long but it really requires a time to "learn" the disc

where as a beat pro d buzz or buzz ss is typical understable disc that is moar forgiving when you manipulate it and rides that usual us lines predictably

that was a long way of saying meteor is either hyzer or turnover

buzz ss has hyzer or turnover and everything in between

Latest posts