• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Mids] Help me find a Midrange

Billipo

Birdie Member
I've been using Snipers, Gremlins, GMs as my primary midrange for about..... forever.

I love the feel of the disc in hand and I have loads of confidence in shaping flights.

I was fortunate to run a hot stamp of the Innova Gremlins before they were discontinued. I had about a dozen in personal stash. I ordered a half dozen GM Discmania.

Many years past. I have worn out most of the innova ( D plastic) lost two Discmania recently including today. I checked my inventory. I have 1 sniper, 3 innova Gremlin, and 3 Discmania.

Figure it's about time to work something modern in the bag. I think they have been discontinued for about 10 years.

I also bag a Buzzz ss.

Any suggestions?

That's dangerous lol...maybe you should EDIT and PM your number

I already texted him a dick pic.

6d67436ae54b2f2b135f2698b2cb0c35.jpg

I've been using Snipers, Gremlins, GMs as my primary midrange for about..... forever.

I love the feel of the disc in hand and I have loads of confidence in shaping flights.

I was fortunate to run a hot stamp of the Innova Gremlins before they were discontinued. I had about a dozen in personal stash. I ordered a half dozen GM Discmania.

Many years past. I have worn out most of the innova ( D plastic) lost two Discmania recently including today. I checked my inventory. I have 1 sniper, 3 innova Gremlin, and 3 Discmania.

Figure it's about time to work something modern in the bag. I think they have been discontinued for about 10 years.

I also bag a Buzzz ss.

Any suggestions?

As Ray1970 said, there are so many. Axiom Hex, Innova Mako3, Discraft Buzzz, L64 Compass. Those are all ones that have been my favored mid at one time or another (the Hex is my current one).

Well since I don't know how any of your discs fly haha.. I can tell you what I like but what do you like or what do you want that is not the buzzz SS?

In order of stability:
Comet is a great understable/ neutral disc, (then Buzzz SS), Buzz is an excellent compliment to be more stable, Wasp is a more stable Buzzz. All great discs if you're into discraft.

I hear good things about the piwakawaka.. Probably comet territory.

In axiom/mvp probably uplink, (buzzz ss), hex, reactor, pyro

I am a little out of touch with much of the "new" stuff.

Very kind offer from Reptilian Discs.

Locals laugh at some discs that are in my bag, but somehow I still get respect when they see what they can do.

Funny how I migrate to lesser know stuff in my mixed bag. In my recent inventory check I found 3 quarter K brand new.

Locals laugh at some discs that are in my bag, but somehow I still get respect when they see what they can do.

I play MA50 and I've had guys think that me using Wizards was odd. They'd probably just give you a blank stare if your bag is as eclectic as I am imagining.

Send me your address and I'll send you a free disc

Thanks. I appreciate the generosity but I was mostly having a little fun at your expense.

Honestly though, if you could get a big batch of those gummy, flat Tyrants out on the market I'd buy a small stack of them. I stupidly picked one up back in about 2018 just to try it out. Loved it but never managed to find another one so it sits in my stash for fear of losing it.

In order of stability:
Comet is a great understable/ neutral disc.

In axiom/mvp probably uplink, (buzzz ss), hex, reactor, pyro

Used to use a Comet when I started playing but recently added a Buzzz ss filling that stable/understable spot. Comet is only disc I know which holds a turnover for 100% of flight.

GMs give me that slight end of flight correction. For longest time my only midrange.

I can throw the buzzz ss perfectly straight full flight. Try it on a football field on a hash mark. True straight.

Kinda looking for that all purpose mid. Can shape but always finishes towards target. With nice feel in hand.

Gonna give the Reptilian disc a try.

Used to use a Comet when I started playing but recently added a Buzzz ss filling that stable/understable spot. Comet is only disc I know which holds a turnover for 100% of flight.

GMs give me that slight end of flight correction. For longest time my only midrange.

I can throw the buzzz ss perfectly straight full flight. Try it on a football field on a hash mark. True straight.

Kinda looking for that all purpose mid. Can shape but always finishes towards target. With nice feel in hand.

Gonna give the Reptilian disc a try.

Comet with turn, but some fade?

COBRA! I'll pull a Jcass and send you one if you wanna PM me your info.

Comet with turn, but some fade?

COBRA! I'll pull a Jcass and send you one if you wanna PM me your info.

Love it!

Wait until we release our new mid range next week...

Like a Cobra but better bc it'll be consistently molded. Glide, some turn potential and nearly identical to the Gila in the hand.

Stratus is my Cobra.

For me it is my turnover fairway driver. Still have 6 cyclone plastic 167 gram dark blue.

But Cobra is solid.

Here's my bag since we are getting there. I'm 60 and used to be a decent player when I was 40.

Drivers... Hurricane, Rogue, Roadrunner
Fairway... Thunderbird, Cyclone, Stratus
Forehand... flick (150 class), fussion (150 class)
Mid... GM, Buzzz ss
Putters... Magic, Keystone. Upshot#2

Latest posts