• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] buzzz vs buzzz gt

sapples

I recently aquired a buzzz gt from a friend of mine and it feels great in my hand. I use a banger gt putter so i'm used to the feel already. I was wondering if anyone knew if there was a difference in the stability between the buzzz gt and normal z buzzz, they are both brand new so wear is not a factor. I know discraft rates them the same at 0.5 but they are two way different disc to me. I love both but the gt is less predictable with power and i'm not sure if it had anything to do with the grove top or not. Any info or personal thoughts are greatly appreciated.

I have a Buzzz that has a "ring/dip" around the inside of the disc, and just bought a Buzzz mid range(no ring)... I couldn't throw the one with the ring/dip on it at all... The new one works wonders for me!!! I finally have a mid range... Maybe there is no difference, but I had no luck with the old style...

I am going to get a second Buzzz for my putter... Used my Buzzz only today, and was making putts all over the place!!!

The GT seems less stable than the other Buzzz... I like it, but I'd rather throw a Comet.

I have to disagree with the posts above...so strongly so that I joined the site. Like a lot of the stuff Discraft makes, I think this is a good example of a "finesse" disc. If you are in the habit of hacking into every shot with full power...yes, you will probably flip this bird.

In my humble opinion the Buzzz GT is the best approach disc I own (and it is a tragedy that this disc never caught on). Just like the normal Buzzz it will hold any line you give it, but it has a little less lift and a very flat fade (i.e. almost no dive). This makes it a great disc for safely laying up near the basket. For this purpose, try releasing it flat with just a little hyser on the approach; when released in this manner it makes a very reliable quick, flat left turn that buries nicely into the ground. Heavier versions are great in the wind. It also makes a nice roller for shots in the 300-350' range. I am not generally a fan of thumb tracks, but this one is well designed. I only wish they had made a version of this in Z-plastic so I could use it more on the desert courses!

I love the GT Buzz and FLX Buzz! They are a little different and the GT is slightly less stable and has less low speed fade which comes in handy sometimes especially approaches. I was shocked that they discontinued the GT and do wish they made it in ESP or Elite-Z also.

I have to disagree with the posts above...so strongly so that I joined the site. Like a lot of the stuff Discraft makes, I think this is a good example of a "finesse" disc. If you are in the habit of hacking into every shot with full power...yes, you will probably flip this bird.

In my humble opinion the Buzzz GT is the best approach disc I own (and it is a tragedy that this disc never caught on). Just like the normal Buzzz it will hold any line you give it, but it has a little less lift and a very flat fade (i.e. almost no dive). This makes it a great disc for safely laying up near the basket. For this purpose, try releasing it flat with just a little hyser on the approach; when released in this manner it makes a very reliable quick, flat left turn that buries nicely into the ground. Heavier versions are great in the wind. It also makes a nice roller for shots in the 300-350' range. I am not generally a fan of thumb tracks, but this one is well designed. I only wish they had made a version of this in Z-plastic so I could use it more on the desert courses!
:hfive:

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81588
Cryztal Z Buzzz GT's gettin me one or two this Sunday.

I have been enjoying my photon glo buzz, its so reliable.

The glide on it is amazing, can do any shot with it:)

Very concave and great plastic.

Welcome to the site!

My X Buzz GT has a not-quite-finger-size hole near the rim and says "Clutch" on it. :D

1 and done.

Finally got to test my 177+ GT Buzzzes out in the field today. I tried to throw the discs in different releases to see how they flew and also threw it against my ESP Buzzz 177+.

The flight: The GT Buzzz flew similar to other Buzzzes I have thrown however it was had a tad bit more HSS. LSS stability was also a touch more then my ESP.

When released with slight-hyzer the GT would flip flat and the disc would have a rating of -0.25/2.2.5. My ESP is spot on -0.5/2.0. The disc went farther with better glide then my ESP Buzzz as well.

The Plastic: This Cryztal Z plastic was amazing. The plastic was grippy yet was a firmer blend then other Cryztal plastics I have felt including Nukes, Forces, and Buzzzes. I am unsure if this was a special blend, but it feels great. I hit a fence, a tree, and the frozen ground, and not a scratch on the disc.

Overall, the disc flew like my ESP Buzz with a touch more HSS stability which I wanted. The plastic is amazing and gets a thumbs up. My friend also threw several of his Z GT Buzzzes and the flight was slightly more stable then his Z discs. We were both super impressed with the GT. I will be keeping it in the bag and if the plastic is as good as I feel it will be, it should be in for a while (plus I got another).

Last edited:
Yeh I threw mine today for the first time. I would say its going to replace my wasp. Slightly more stable than my buzz but without the bead that the wasp has. My midranges are now Glide (i know its a fairway but I use it as my understable midrange), Buzz, Buzz GT and Drone. Covers everything!

Latest posts