• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Buzzz vs. Wasp

You may be right but it is important to note that the wasp was not fairly represented in the poll. I just can't trust that buzzz.
Granted - the Wasp wasn't even listed as an option. I'm just pointing out there are a lot of happy Buzz owners out there.

If I read you correctly, your saying the Wasp flies more predictably than the Buzz: this is almost always true when stability increases (all other factors held equal). The Wasp is essentially a more stable Buzz, and therefore more predictable.

That does not necessarily mean it's "better." For most folks, if you throw harder, from longer range, need more fade, etc, the Wasp would fill that role better than a Buzzz, but I bet if you back off on the power a bit, it doesn't fly as straight as a Buzzz. Most people I know love their Buzzz's, think they're very consistent, hold flat, hyzer and annie lines great, and have very little fade, thus providing great control. Again - not necessarily better, just bertter for certain throwing styles and situations (probabliy a BIG chunk of the DG poulation, judging strictly from their popularity).

I don't track disc sales, but I'd be willing to bet that the Buzzz is one of the very best selling discs (not only among Mids) and that most people who have one keep it in their bag (rather than having tried it as deciding "it's not really all that."

I'm far from the first person in this Forum to come to the conclusion that just about any disc has throwers and situations that it is more or less suitable for. The trick is developing proper consistently good technique (easier said than done), then find out what works best for you in certain situations.;)

Last edited:
A wasp will actually hold a very straight line for a very short distance if you put the right amount of spin on it. and it's not an amazing amount of spin.

However, I use my buzzz way more than my wasp because it is extremely versatile. shorter hyzers, anhyzers, straight shots, approach shots, backhand and forehand. It's like a snakelight.

Can we all just agree that Discraft mids are rocking? (Except for the Floppy Clown Shoe known as the Z Comet).

well i will agree that the comet is a floppy clown shoe. i still wont trust a buzzz. and while the snakelight was a good idea, the actual flashlight part of it was a disappointment. maybe they make LED ones now. the pro-D wasp was the straightest disc I have ever thrown. i will admit ive always thrown way too hard.

Buzzz = straight shots and anhyzers. I can throw that thing so straight it's ridiculous.

Wasp I took out of my bag because I stopped using it. The wasp was an "S" disc for me, basically a buzzz with fade at the end.

Where the Wasp is father to the Buzzz. The Drone is more like slow, overweight, drunken uncle that hyzers off the road. Really though, Drone flies shorter than both those discs and has TONS of turn to it. Good disc, just doesn't fill the same shot selection as the Wasp/Buzzz.

My vote for post of the year.ROFL

I just got a Buzzz ESP on a trade, first one I have had...174g

I am adding it to my other mids:
DX Flat Top Roc 180 (dead straight shots, max weight doesn't wanna stop, on a mission)
San Marino Star Roc 177 (Domey, Floater Anhyzer shots or an occasional hyzer flip,)
R-Pro Cro 171 (Wind shots, the Cro handles it)
Rw-Pro 164 Roc (No wind, hyzer flip long straight shots)

I threw it a couple times today 2/4 shots it was dead on...It was my throwing error that it wasn't 4/4

I think I'm gonna keep it in the bag with the others and see where it fits in.
Any thoughts?

The wasp is a straight knock off of the Innova Roc. The buzzz is a modified wasp that has had the bead removed to make it less overstable. Both are great discs (all 3 if you include the roc), but the buzz is easier to shape for most players because it doesn't want to fight back so hard with it's fade than the wasp/roc. I love having both in my bag for specific shots.

I find myself using the wasp more than the buzz even on straighter holes. I just like the way it feels/throws.