• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Camp Sankanac

Camp sankanac will be closed starting tomorrow and will reopen on Monday December 15th. It is closed again for hunting season. The signs were up at the course today.

^^^^^
The above statement is true. Every Thursday starting 3/20. Meet in the parking lot by hole 1. 530 start. Try to be early?

Played sank today. The course took a beating over the winter. Course is mainly clear of snow. There is a major trees down by the basket of hole 1, the walk way to hole3, by the basket of hole 3, on the tee pad of 5 along with some snow, by the basket of hole 13, the tee box 15 is still snow covered but other then that the course was 100% playable and no major issues just some new obsticals on the course

I played yesterday, due to flooding 10 days ago and more rain on Sat the course was VERY wet and muddy in places I've never seen wet before. Also the nats (bugs) were terrible, bring bug spray. I saw a few dead fish washed up on the path btw 7 and 8. Holes 8 had lots of standing water below the hill (in the preferred landing zone) and 9 was squishy the entire fairway. Still a great course though.

Course is closed through Labor Day weekend. If you did not get a chance to play it before It closed make sure to come and play when it open in September.

Course is open for play and is playing really nice right now. There is a new cement tee pad on hole 2. The following tee pads were a little slippery 3,5,7,8,9,10,11,12,13. And there is a tree 1/2 down 1/2 way down the fairway on the tunnel hole which makes it a little more interesting.

Camp sankanac is back open for the season and is playing great. All the grass is cut except hole 9 where the grass is a little long. Course is dry. The tress on 12 have been cleared. A large tree on hole 5 came down and has been removed. Another large tree came down on on the right side of hole 4 which has also been cleared. Please be careful on the path down into the fairway of hole 9. And the following tees are a little uneven. 5,6,7,8,10,11,12 but still play fine.

I really enjoy camp sankanac and It is my home course. Everything about that place makes me smile. The course is fun and hard and offers everything one could want in a disc golf course. Several years ago the course was taking about new holes, 9 new baskets, and cement tee pads. None of that has happened. I understandable that a new camp director did not want to disrupt the land be used of the the hunting on the property but I think it might be time to start investing some money back into the course. I think all of the tee pad are playable but some have become serious safety issues. I think the tees that need to fixed and flattened. 3,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12. Also the walk on hole 9 from the tee has gotten very dangerous. More stumps need to be put in or make every walk the long way. Someone is going to take a bad fall. The last thing I would want is for the course to be pulled. I think you could get away with 1-2 work days at sankanac and really make a difference.

If you have not got out and played camp sank recently, now is the time. The course closes to 2 weeks for the summer. The course has recently been worked on. The 2 paths between 2 and 3 have been added wacked and cleared. Holes 3,11,12, and 13 have been weed wacked. Most of the courses has been been recently mowed with the exception of 9,13-16. The following tee pads have been leveled 3,5,6,7,9,10. New stairs on hole 9. Small quick safety changes to the stairs on hole 11 and a new temp bridge on hole 10. Follow the path to the left.
Also please keep in mind that 19 new baskets have been ordered and several of them should be installed before the camp closes for the summer.
When the camp reopens in September, all of the new baskets should be installed. There should be several new pin locations and short pins on several holes. As well as a new bridge on hole 10 and several new tee pads and a practice basket. And a couple other nice additions.

Awesome, thanks for the update. I have yet to play there but I'll have to make it there soon to experience Sankanac now and Sankanac after the upgrades.

It's practically in your back yard. You gotta go play it. It's the best course in the area.

Yeah it's been on my list, unfortunately I get about 2 hours to play on the weekends and between work and kids the weekdays are out of the question. (wife works nights) Couple that with the fact that I can get to Boyertown or Kenilworth in 5 mins, finish a round in an hour and boom I've created a habit that fits my time restraints.

With that said I am going to mark a day on the calendar that I can spend an afternoon playing Sankanac. Lord knows I've watch the KenCrest Cares Classic on youtube about 8 billion times!

The course is open for play for the season. The course has gotten some major upgrades. 19 new baskets. Several new hole locations. A couple of holes have gotten longer. New tee signs. New to tee signs and arrows. We worked on the tee pads. A new bridge on hole 10 new steps on hole 11. The course has never looked so good Please make a donation when you play. The camp works hard to up keep the course

Course looked great yesterday. Not sure how I feel about 13. I'll have to play it a few more times.

Thank you to all that helped with $$ and labor.

Latest posts