• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Camp Sankanac

wilsondl

Par Member
Planning on playing Sankanac with some buddies of mine this Sunday, has anyone played it since the camp closed down for the Summer and or does anyone even know if its open to the public yet.

Well first round at Sankanac is in the books and my bags a little lighter as a result of an errant tee shot on the FIRST DAMN hole. Recovered decently after it just to fall apart on the back 9. The Camp got the best of me but wow what a course. Happy to have it in the mix this fall.

I played 36 holes there this weekend and shot 6 up both rounds. I really love that course. Every hole is different and the water plus ob on a couple holes make it really fun. The course is now open on Saturdays and there be a new hole added sometime soon with more improvements in early 2013

Where did you hear it was open on Saturday...when i was there Sunday the sign at the first tee said it was closed...I cant wait for the new holes its hard to make a place like Sank better but adding a couple more holes would certainly do the trick.

Yea it is open Saturdays. Two weeks ago I played my best round there of a 53. Including a 2 on hole 6. Last Saturday holes 17 and 18 were closed due to campers shooting clay pigeons. I havent heard where the new holes will be though. Anyone know?

Yea it is open Saturdays. Two weeks ago I played my best round there of a 53. Including a 2 on hole 6. Last Saturday holes 17 and 18 were closed due to campers shooting clay pigeons. I havent heard where the new holes will be though. Anyone know?

Damn cheddapig a 2 on 6 is mighty impressive..Where did your drive put you in the field to set you up for a 2...I wish they had shut 16 down when I was there it was the final straw on what was a major melt down on the back nine. It is certainly nice to hear that everyone gets to enjoy the course an extra day..Im also very curious where the new holes are going to be a hope some ones got some good intel on that...

there was a facebook post about the course being open on saturdays and they mentioned at least one new hole in early 2013 and 3 or 4 more after that one is installed. I spoke with Pastor Jeff and he sasid he knew where the holes were going to be.

i also heard that they were going to try and get a true par 5. they might remove hole 13, the hard dogleg right with the mad made fence. and when you come off of the tunnel hole you would walk to the right and then play down that long tunnel where you walk from hole 13 to hole 14. That would make a for a very nice long par 5 and get rid of the long walk. they would have to do some serious clean out on both side of the fairway but it would be fun as hell. long and tight

and I hope they make the holes to the right off of the basket on hole 17. to play up and over the water, up the hill and into the woods up the hill from the tee pad and fairway of hole 18. but who knows.

Thanks for the update Eco, cutting out the walk and replacing it with a long tight par 5 would amp the course up for sure (as well as my frustration level)

totally agree and with a couple otherchanges to the existing holes the course could be UNREAL

Well I hear that they are not open on Saturdays now. Also on Sunday the course doesn't open until noon. News to me. So u can only play noon to five according to the guy that stopped in his car when we tee'd hole 2. As far as the 2 on six my drive was on the top of the hill 25 ft short of the pin. Not all good though nursing some tennis elbow this week and lost a disc on 14 today turned my drive way over and lost my flow in the thick rough up the right side

Almost forgot. Was talking to pasture Jeff yesterday at the Conrad wiser open. He said that there are plans in effect to replace the baskets and get concrete pads. Believe that they are talking about new baskets then new holes and then pads.

a 2 on hole 6 is SWEET anyway you slice it. I throw my drivers most of the time and have never been close enough to have a 25ft putt. NICE 2.

i hope they do the holes first and then the baskets. The baskets there are not that bad. Most are ok. Some suck. But for homemade they are nice.

and with the addition of the baskets holes and tee pads the course will be a nice challenge

Hey said they were doing the baskets and using some of the existing baskets on the new holes. I have seen and heard of a couple 2s on 5. None of which belonged to me. It is on the list though

So is it or is it not open on Saturdays now?

Arrived this Saturday to the gut-wrenching sight of two orange "course closed" cones on hole one's tee. Got a gold round in at French Creek, but really wanted to shoot Sank.

Latest posts