• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Camping near Lemon Lake

hognosesucker

Birdie Member
Gold level trusted reviewer
A few guys from my club and I are heading up to Lemon Lake some weekend in August. Does anyone know of any primitive tent camping sites or low cost tent camping nearby? I saw that the closest SP to Lemon Lake was Indiana Dunes. Does it have primitive camping? I checked out the DNR website and it seems they only have electrical sites for $25/night :( I'd like to get by on $10/night or less. Any thoughts?

hmm....I honestly don't know and won't be able to ask anyone until monday or tuesday....try and get on redrocdiscgolfclub.com and see if they have forums and ask on there???

Stoney Run County Park in Leroy (Hebron), Indiana is about twenty minutes away and I know they have camping available. That is the closest one I can think of. The Dunes State park is awesome but it's about an hour away from Lemon Lake.

Stoney Run County Park in Leroy (Hebron), Indiana is about twenty minutes away and I know they have camping available. That is the closest one I can think of. The Dunes State park is awesome but it's about an hour away from Lemon Lake.

yeah i thought the dunes might have been kinda far from there....Im used to the dunes in MI though :D..to many damn dunes!! haha

Sorry to bump such an old thread, but I was kind of wondering the same thing.

Does Jukeshoe provide free beer and camp wood?

So i didn't realize one was a nudist colony

Yeah, not much of a difference between the nudist colony and camping in my yard. :p

Yes, free wood only in the a.m. :|

No, you cannot afford the price of beer outta my fridge (it's special to me). :p

(FWIW, I live on the 4th floor of a building downtown now, so no more setting up in my back yard in the future...sorry fellas!)

Jukeshoe: <---No longer has yardwork. :cool:

I have traveled to Lemon Lake on two different occasions and stayed at Emerald Trails Campground both times. Approximately a 15 min drive to LL. They have primitive campsites available with showers/restrooms at the main office included with the night. Don't remember the cost but it was reasonable considering the facilities included.

http://www.emeraldtrailscampground.com/

Check 'em out.

I have traveled to Lemon Lake on two different occasions and stayed at Emerald Trails Campground both times. Approximately a 15 min drive to LL. They have primitive campsites available with showers/restrooms at the main office included with the night. Don't remember the cost but it was reasonable considering the facilities included.

http://www.emeraldtrailscampground.com/

Check 'em out.
Good to know, I might wanna go back there.