• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Can a Roc and Buzzz get along?

waynewf

Double Eagle Member
Does anybody carry both?? I recently just got an old school Buzzz-GT with the thumb trac and I'm thinking about getting a newer ESP as well to throw in my bag with my KC Pro and Star Rocs. Sure it may be overkill, but half of my bag is most rounds anyway!
So who uses both? Do you use them for different types of shots or is it more of a random sometimes you throw one for a few holes and then you switch?

I think having both is overkill...I didn't like either of them as much as I liked the Core though, so I stopped carrying the Buzzz and the Roc, so I guess I'm not qualified to answer the question.

I think there is a new Roc vs buzz thread everyday lol. I think they need to stop vs each other.

And yes I carry both.

Does anybody carry both?? I recently just got an old school Buzzz-GT with the thumb trac and I'm thinking about getting a newer ESP as well to throw in my bag with my KC Pro and Star Rocs. Sure it may be overkill, but half of my bag is most rounds anyway!
So who uses both? Do you use them for different types of shots or is it more of a random sometimes you throw one for a few holes and then you switch?

I've had both before. I used the Roc more for slow anhyzers as it seemed more understable than an ESP Buzzz. Now i carry neither since the comet and meteor do both but better for me

I have a Leopard, Spider, and Aviar. The Spider and Aviar are my putters, the leopard if I'm 150' or more out.

Am I missing out not throwing a Buzzz?

A roc and a buzzz can get along....in your spare bin after you buy a Core.

If you're talking about a Champ Roc then IMO they get along. If you're talking about a DX, KC or Worlds (Pro) Roc then carrying the Buzzz is redundant once you get a Roc beat up.

If you're carrying a Buzzz you probably want a midrange that has a good fade but doesn't really beat to straight for a while. The Champ Roc will work, but they're expensive, so most people use a Z Wasp instead.

put them both in a room together to decide the final champ. Wait outside the door until one emerges as the victor and that one will be the ultimate champion

I carry a new 180 DX Roc for hyzer shots and a lighter Buzzz, that I just picked up, for straighter shots with a little fade at the end.

Josh, nice picture.

i went to a soccer field with a Roc, Buzz, and a few other midranges. i can see why people like both discs. i've wobbled back and forth as to what midrange i would put into my bag as a replacement for my old OOP mid. so far i think i'm favoring the buzz. but i would like to give the comet a try. as well as a Core.

I carry both a Roc and a Buzzz in my bag and they seem to get along just fine, I even keep them right next to eachother so they are touching. My Roc is really beat up since I've been using it for 10 years and still do. The Buzzz just sits in my bag and looks pretty.

I carry both. The Roc for backhand anything (from 150'-320') and shorter rollers, and the buzzz for shorter forehand shots (150'-250').

I carry both, and love both. I seem to get a little more distance out of the buzz, so if a roc can't get there on a straight line, I throw the buzz.

Latest posts