• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Can we cut the #growthesport thing already?

OK, cool. You've not at all understood the point of the thread.

The point is that we all want the sport to grow and flourish. But the specific #growthesport hashtag seems to be getting used predominately by people that just want credit for ****, and/or want to make a couple of bucks from disc golfers and/or don't want to have to face criticism for some stupid decision they made, all because they did it in the name of "growing the sport".

Go back to before cefire started obfuscating things with an irrelevant philosophy class. I addressed your OP. I think you're extrapolating something that is a local problem with a specific person or group of people.

I'm trying to express that I believe, in general, those people are fewer and further between on average than you have been experiencing lately. From my experience, the majority of people using that hashtag are affecting their community positively. Furthermore I think it's too easy/convenient to just say they're basically crying for attention (I'm paraphrasing/summarizing there) just because you disagree with them.

In short - your argument throws baby out with the bath water.

Alrighty, PMantle might be right.

I agree w/#9's reasonable comment. Do your thing while trying not to mislead self or others. My apologies for the caustic comments (and apparently 'obfuscating' by asking for some precision in the discussion).

Until next month when this topic comes up again...

Last edited:
Go back to before cefire started obfuscating things with an irrelevant philosophy class. I addressed your OP. I think you're extrapolating something that is a local problem with a specific person or group of people.

I'm trying to express that I believe, in general, those people are fewer and further between on average than you have been experiencing lately. From my experience, the majority of people using that hashtag are affecting their community positively. Furthermore I think it's too easy/convenient to just say they're basically crying for attention (I'm paraphrasing/summarizing there) just because you disagree with them.

In short - your argument throws baby out with the bath water.

Nah, just a ****ty hashtag.
There are much better ways to do much better things for the sport.

Latest posts