• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Can We Reach 100 Mph?

Pretty sure we've never played together. Ignorance is bliss. You can't use the search bar to find out how far I've thrown a disc.

The thing people don't realize is when a pitcher throws 100+ that is clocking the speed the ball is traveling when leaving his hand. By the time the ball reachs the plate it is only traveling around 85mph so how are.people clocking disc golf drives? I actually have a radar gun in my car maybe some test here at the usdgc for the distance comp?

Pretty sure we've never played together. Ignorance is bliss. You can't use the search bar to find out how far I've thrown a disc.

No but I can use a 100 foot tape measure.
I see you are a 940 rated player, but if you could out throw Trey we would all know who you are.

He showed up to the mid atlantic meet, he walked up to the barn and threw a Roc and it sailed down the hill. He then throws another one on top of the hill and puts a flag on his shorter of 2 throws. Then tells everyone they can use any disc they want to beat his shorter Roc throw. Only 2 people were able to get their drivers out as far as he was throwing his Roc.

The thing people don't realize is when a pitcher throws 100+ that is clocking the speed the ball is traveling when leaving his hand. By the time the ball reachs the plate it is only traveling around 85mph so how are.people clocking disc golf drives? I actually have a radar gun in my car maybe some test here at the usdgc for the distance comp?

That'd be sick.

I'd like to see it, just to know what kind of arm speed you guys have behind your throws.

I'd also be curious to whether or not you actually got more distance when you were trying to throw hard compared to your natural distance throw.

Sorry not sure where your getting your facts from because I'm not 940 rated.

Second distance does not equate to speed. Two different things.

Finally, I've never doubted or questioned any claims of distance on this forum. No need to build your case for me. Cool your jets rocket man.

I'd love to watch some pro athletes throwing super fast n00b hyzers, it'd be a reason to break out the :popcorn:

Also, are we about to have an internet dong measuring contest? If so, they don't make a tape measure long enough for me :rolleyes: :D

Second distance does not equate to speed. Two different things.

Finally, I've never doubted or questioned any claims of distance on this forum. No need to build your case for me. Cool your jets rocket man.

From your own posts

948. Not what I hoped for but two of the four tournaments I played this year were not included. 4 of the 6 rounds were in the 970's and none of them were reported in time. Well I guess I'll get them next rating update.

I believe they are testing speed in the same way. I believe they are measuring speed at the moment of release. Which I'm sure there has been people getting small rim discs out close to the 90 mph mark. Please break out the radar gun and video tape it when you do. I would really love to see a video of that from the USDGC. Also, good luck at the USDGC Paul.

Check your details. I haven't been 940 for almost 2 years and even prior to then I was above 940. Search bar fails again Prerube.

1 year and 4 months, It is the only rating you have posted. probably because it was your prime.

Either way, if you could out throw Kachtz would would have been at the BigD, you would be sponsored for distance purposes, and we would know who you are. Right now I would put money on it that the 15 year old in my sig would out drive you and throw faster....with a teebird.

Last edited:
1 year and 4 months, It is the only rating you have posted. probably because it was your prime.

Either way, if you could out throw Kachtz would would have been at the BigD, you would be sponsored for distance purposes, and we would know who you are. Right now I would put money on it that the 15 year old in my sig would out drive you and throw faster.

Check you numbers prerube. I've placed in the cash in open at a PDGA event this year. Your assumptions are off, check the date of those posts. I was 948 after a year of playing. It was the first chance to play since college was over. Didn't have much time because I was a scholarship athlete.

Here's to you keep dreaming.

Check you numbers prerube. I've placed in the cash in open at a PDGA event this year. Your assumptions are off, check the date of those posts. I was 948 after a year of playing. It was the first chance to play since college was over. Didn't have much time because I was a scholarship athlete.

Here's to you keep dreaming.

May 16th 2011 to today September 28th 2012 = 1 year, 4 months, 12 days.
numbers checked.

Prerube is a great troll
FTFY love me or hate me, but you are talking about me and coming to me for advice.
And he was the one coming in here saying I have a mancrush.

Last edited:
FTFY love me or hate me, but you are talking about me and coming to me for advice.
And he was the one coming in here saying I have a mancrush.

No advice needed I hold my own. Pick up a disc, play a round make a name for yourself outside the Internet discussion and search bar.