• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Can't believe I traded my River for a Leopard!

I find them to be bland guess to each their own. The flat champ ones 150g have the most fight with lower power or the older ce ones from what I have thrown.

This explains my struggle with my 150 champ leo def got to give a a pro leo a try i got a few dx leos in various stages

Wen I was looking fore a fairway driver I was debating over a River or Leopards actually. The River won out because of the extra glide And the fact that the opto plastic felt 100 times better in my hand then the champ. That and i have never been disappointed at a lat 64 disc. Now that I have had it fore a little wile, There is no way I would ever trade it in! Cant blame ya fore going back :D

Honestly I had no problem getting the Pro up to speed. I guess I was waiting for it to hit that sweet glide, but it never happened.

I gave up Rivers for Leopards.

Rivers are + mold garbage. BOOM

im in this boat :) ... between my seasoned pro-line and a pre-barry you can pretty much cover anything.. I did like the Rivers and was getting driver like distance out of them but couldnt really get over the rim.. dunno if its mental or what but just didnt have Leo like control and for me they seemed to be less stable .. but to the OP whatever works for you dude i know tons of people LOVE Rivers and i have heard good things about the Fd too.. what was the reason for trading the River in the first place.. just curious about the Leo?

Never thrown a river but my pro leopard is my goto anny disc and when I'm off and can't throw anything well I pull out the leopard. It's straight even when I power it down.

I carried two Opto Rivers and a heavy GL in my bag for awhile. I got glimpses of the famous River glide on good throws but got no such magic like I do with my Fuse. Frustrated, I bought a Pro Leopard and after a bit of seasoning it works like a charm! Long, low-line hyzerflips, buttery turnovers, annies, you name it. My whole bag consists of sweet scandinavian plastic but the Pro Leo stays :)

what was the reason for trading the River in the first place.. just curious about the Leo?

Pretty much, heard good things, but in the end it wasn't for me.

The "+" rim on the River feels way closer to vertical than the + rim on my TL+. The TL+ is definitely garbage!

there is no disc other than the river that i find can turn right and hold a looong turn with minimal fade for EVER, this makes for the best RHBH turn disc i have ever thrown.. i dont have any issues with controlling nose angle or anything like that so im not sure what other people are talking about..

The river will have a spot in my bag forever, unless MVP makes something like it :)

So, I just got back from a round where I only used my Star Leopard for driving and it was doing things I had never done with it before! It was amazing, low flat drives, that started a tad right but "faded" slightly to left to finish on a straight line. Is this what most of you are talking about? I feel like I have rediscovered it and it will be making a reappearance shortly.

Also, I'm thinking about bringing out the GL River to see how she flies again.

So, I just got back from a round where I only used my Star Leopard for driving and it was doing things I had never done with it before! It was amazing, low flat drives, that started a tad right but "faded" slightly to left to finish on a straight line. Is this what most of you are talking about? I feel like I have rediscovered it and it will be making a reappearance shortly.

Also, I'm thinking about bringing out the GL River to see how she flies again.

now you are getting it!!! The leopard is a great mold. I would have to say the best driver ever!!!!! :thmbup:

what you described is just some of what the leopard can do. Get it out a few more rounds and you will see!!

now you are getting it!!! The leopard is a great mold. I would have to say the best driver ever!!!!! :thmbup:

what you described is just some of what the leopard can do. Get it out a few more rounds and you will see!!

I'm glad to hear that this is normal and what it's SUPPOSED to do. Weird when that stuff happens!

there is no disc other than the river that i find can turn right and hold a looong turn with minimal fade for EVER, this makes for the best RHBH turn disc i have ever thrown.. i dont have any issues with controlling nose angle or anything like that so im not sure what other people are talking about..

The river will have a spot in my bag forever, unless MVP makes something like it :)

Then you've never thrown a DX Leopard. Don't get me wrong though...I carry a River for that shot as well. The River stole the Leopards spot in my bag.

As for the MVP thing..I hope that is their next disc after the Volt. Then I can easily throw all MVP.

Latest posts