• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Cart options for big (350+ pounds) guys/girls.

Sexton15

I have been looking for a Cart with the most comfortable seat. I am about 415 pounds. I have the tripod stool and it does ok for about 30 seconds then it starts really digging in. I've looked at the Zuca and the Delta and I'm willing to pay the money for a nice, comfortable cart but even those weren't big enough for me to sit comfortably for more than a minute or 2. But I found the answer at a cookout for Fathers Day. A ROLLING COOLER! For $30 at Wal-Mart I set on them all until I found the few I liked. Then I extended the handles to make sure it was a comfortable height. Last, I picked the one with the biggest wheels. The only problem with them is sometimes when you sit on them the lid caves in the middle. I cut a piece of wood a little wider than the lid to alleviate that and bolted it on there. I haven't found a good way to organize my drinks, discs, keys,phone etc yet but with a little time I'm sure I can come up with something. Also, it's its own built in, waterproof rain fly. Also, when it needs to go up steps I can just lift it by the handle because it's so light. If it gets muddy/dirty I just spray it off with the hose. So, if you're a big guy looking for a comfy seat or just want a cheap cart, I'd suggest looking at coolers.

I never really thought of that. I've used it for 2 rounds and Don't see any wear so far. Maybe because when I sit on it the entire bottom is touching the ground so the pressure is distributed better. With bigger tires maybe the axle would be under more pressure. Not really sure.