• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Carts – future or fad

Bogey B.O.B.

Birdie Member
Now that quality carts have been around for a while and seen some variation and development, I was wondering how folks are feeling about them. Future, fad, fun or just for fogeys?

Will we be seeing more carts and therefore more cart friendly courses?

For someone with a severely messed up back, carts are the only way I can endure tournaments and long rounds. I hope the market continues to expand.

Yep, bad back here too. I'm sure they will continue to be used by the older/Injured crowd but will they continue to be used by the general population?

Add me to the bad back crowd and also hot Texas summers. I got the zuca backpack cart and it shaved strokes off of my game. My back would be killing me on the back half of the course and I would miss many putts. I was leary to drop the money at first but now I can't see myself without it.

We should start a bad back club.

It really does make me want a cart. Been looking at the zuca compact and I really like pretty much everything about the smaller size. Pretty sure I'll have to get one for the spring.

Bought my Delta X the day they went on sale, got it a couple days later, and still love dragging it around. If it's a fad, I'll be the one who hangs on to it way too long.

I completely understand people who have bad backs and also using one for tournament play. What I don't understand is why a 860 rated player needs one for casual rounds. Carrying 20+ discs ain't going to help your nose up and rounding issues.

I see carts staying but more brands going the route of bag on a cart with seat, some players come to a course that is advertised as cart friendly but the ground is too much with not flat ground as in hills for carts to stand though the cart can make it over the grass no problem. Also the person wants to go on vacation and just grab disc bag off the cart without having to take a bunch of time to move discs and stuff from the cart to a backpack.

There are several designs out now that will work in this style, most are Zuca made or the one brand that has the backpack bag as part of the cart I forget brand and not to forget the one that looks like a bag for golf forgot brand. Also some lower cost dolly's (I have seen them sold on Amazon) have seats on the one side and on the other they have a flat spot to put a bag if they remove the bag thing that comes with the dolly.

i use my backpack for casual rounds and my cart for tournaments.

Me too, but I usually carry only 8-14 discs for casual rounds compared to 20-22 for tournaments. I also don't carry many accessories for casual rounds. Finally, I am chasing a 2 year old around the course for a lot of my solo rounds, and it is much easier to use a bag for that.

That being said, I love my cart for competitive rounds

I completely understand people who have bad backs and also using one for tournament play. What I don't understand is why a 860 rated player needs one for casual rounds. Carrying 20+ discs ain't going to help your nose up and rounding issues.

because i need lots of discs to practise. . i usually carry 3pc of each mould so i can practise a shot, boring to do with just one disc/try.

And then 3-5 putter for putter training . .it adds up

I don't have a bad back...just yet...but I'll get there soon enough.

I do use a cart. It's a staggering difference for me at the end of a two round and/or two day tournament, in terms of how I feel. Using a cart and playing multiple rounds in a day is a piece of cake now. When I get home...I don't crash out like I do when I used to carry a backpack bag. Unless the course isn't cart friendly, I'll almost always be pulling/pushing my cart around the course.

Carrying 4 discs in a nutsac isn't going to fix nose up or rounding issues either.

We should start a bad back club.

It really does make me want a cart. Been looking at the zuca compact and I really like pretty much everything about the smaller size. Pretty sure I'll have to get one for the spring.

The bad knee club would be up for a challenge.

Carts are taking over our group. I hate using them. I do not even feel my Upper Park once on my back. Carts are just something I do not get, especially the pull kind. To each his own.

Carrying 4 discs in a nutsac isn't going to fix nose up or rounding issues either.

True. However the guy with only four discs will know what each of those discs do for him and will probably execute any given shot better imo than the 20+ disc guy.