• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Catalyst

I throw us discs 425..to 480
.will catalyst be too flippy...I like flip y discs like blizz katana...for downwind

It wont be too flippy but yes it is US... If you like the flippy it handles power but bombs with right angle
Longest throws in my dg history were with this and the orbital way down wind.

Imo get a Catalyst if you throw under 350ft. If you throw comfortably close to 390ish, get a P Mayhem

Some mayhems i have been not catalyst at all. More the straighter version but yes them BOMB too. Up there with a nice seasoned octane. Forgot how hard these rip until couple weekends ago boooom

Thank you I'm ordering a catalyst if I like that I might try the faster version I had heard the 24 mm felt a little weird on the relativity type size disks.
..will report

Thank you I'm ordering a catalyst if I like that I might try the faster version I had heard the 24 mm felt a little weird on the relativity type size disks.
..will report

Catalysts are fun. They're somewhat flippy. Take the disc to an open field and practice before you take it on the course. You have to learn the proper amount of hyzer to release it on.

For me the Catalyst was longer than the Octane or Mayhem. Flippier than both of them too. The Catalyst reminds me a lot of a Shryke. It'll turn over, but eventually start coming back late in flight.

had the chance to throw a catalyst today...guy who owned it told me it was pretty stable. i threw it flat as hard as i could...flipped like a dx leopard in a gale....he said it lookec like a video never seen sf omething do that....i was....ok not stable

had the chance to throw a catalyst today...guy who owned it told me it was pretty stable. i threw it flat as hard as i could...flipped like a dx leopard in a gale....he said it lookec like a video never seen sf omething do that....i was....ok not stable

Catalyst is definitely flippy. I found that if I threw mine into any sort of headwind (even a breeze) that it would turn and burn pretty bad. Anything over about 350' you'll need to release hyzer with the Catalyst. Very long disc when you hit it just right though.

Glad I didn't go with the Tenacity. This thing is a flippy as the Wave, I expected a little more stable due to the higher speed.

I usually throw with a fan grip, but I ripped off my middle finger callouse and was forced to throw with va power grip, now this thing is super floppy and I finally hit 400 feet consistently. I started getting high speed turn from my Octane, Mayhem, and Fission Photon.

So far I'm loving the Catalyst.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Great timing. I took my MVP bag out today and had some great drives with my Neutron Catalyst. Tried to find some on line and can't. Anyone know of any in stock where they may also have Octanes?

Mine was old stock I believe. It's PFN. I'm kinda looking forward to the new new stuff that seems to be a little more stable.

Glad I didn't go with the Tenacity. This thing is a flippy as the Wave, I expected a little more stable due to the higher speed.

I usually throw with a fan grip, but I ripped off my middle finger callouse and was forced to throw with va power grip, now this thing is super floppy and I finally hit 400 feet consistently. I started getting high speed turn from my Octane, Mayhem, and Fission Photon.

So far I'm loving the Catalyst.

I can't deal with the Tenacity either. SOOO flippy and touchy. The Catalyst isn't nearly as bad, nor is the Mayhem.

I got the Tenacity well over 450' a few times, but mostly I was turning and burning it. Frustrating disc to throw.

Tenacity is the most frustrating disc I have ever thrown. I still have not gotten off a perfect throw. Too much hyzer, and I can't get it to come to flat. Thrown flat, and it damn near rolls. Biggest problem is, I will feel guilty giving it to anyone. I cannot think of a player profile this thing fits. I might just cross out my name and leave it in a basket.