• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

CE vs Glow Whippet X

The only real beef I have with Whippets: They never stay in the damn basket for aces. I've put mine in the chains like a dozen times and the little bastard always pops out.

I found the Glow Whippets a little flippier and a touch more glide than the Champ Whippets kinda like the KC pro's. I tried to use the glow as a back up but it just ain't the same. CFR Stars are closer in flight to the champs but don't have the textured underside.

BTW why are people calling them CE? I thought it was just a single (first) run regular champion.

The only real beef I have with Whippets: They never stay in the damn basket for aces. I've put mine in the chains like a dozen times and the little bastard always pops out.

I got my second ace with a DX Whippet. First throw of the tournament, right into the chains.

What plastic is the CFR run? I've got an opaque red CFR Champ Whippet with the Springfield Disc Golf Club stamp. I traded for it so I have no idea how old it is. What's different about it is it's a 169g, whereas all the CE, Glow and Star Whippets I see are 175ish. I'd love to find another one at 170ish, but they appear to be unusual.

My XXX flies just like my glo Whippet. It does feel different, BUT there is not one shot that I made with my whippet, that I can't duplicate with my XXX. It is faster, so just power down a little when needed. Just get one and work with it for a while, you might be impressed.

I have one thumber ace on it so far.

What I'm really looking for that reliable "meat hook" ending to the CE's flight. Truthfully that disc is only in my bag for that shot. The KC Pro ones are great but the rugged terrain on my home course beats them flippy within a year.

Thanks for all the responses ! :thmbup:

I am a lover of the Whippet myself bud! The best tip I could give you is either get the CEs and pay the price or you could also toss a Firebird with less power and get that meat hook ending as well.

What type of baskets does your course use? I have aced with a Whippet on Mach baskets and Innova Baskets. I have had like 6or 7 aces with them including a couple sick thumber side skips into the chains from the ground. Those are my favorites.

Have any Champ type plastic Whippet lovers tried an E/HPP Blaze? I haven't thrown a high end Whippet but from what I understand they're pretty much the same. I'd like to hear what it is that's different about them if anyone has actually evaluated both.

I have an E blaze....hate it. I had(lost) an HPP Blaze..LOVED IT. It was orange and very gummy.
The only drawback to it, too floppy for a good thumber or roller.

I carry both a 175g Star Whippet and a Champ Glo Whippet, the Star (for me) is a lot more dependable when thrown high and then around corners. The glow is for riskier shots (since it is replaceable and the Star one is not), skip shots and anything where I want absolutely no high-speed understability or even stability in the flight line. It is, however, starting to turn later now that I have been beating it up for a year.

Latest posts