• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Celebrities Disc Golfing

The year MSU beat OSU in the Big10 champ game made us look pretty foolish...

...and handed FSU a championship:wall:

Well it certainly was foolish to keep playing Zeke in that game when he had been to the hospital with flu like symptoms the day before and it was clear that he was not 100%.

Updated List

People mentioned in this thread so far (with post # they were mentioned):
1. Matthew Perry
2. Sandra Day O'Connor (has a 9 hole course on her property in Wisconsin); Larry Hagman
3. David Garrard
10. Carl Edwards
13. Matt LeBlanc
16. Jack Black
21. Robin Williams
23. Mark Salling
78. Ben Askren; Wonderboy Thompson
80. Mick Thomson
84. Paul Walker ; Kristen Stewart
86. Aaron Rodgers ; Bubba Watson PDGA#44745 ; Casey Desmith goalie - Penguins farm team
87. Brian Wilson - SF Giants closer
89. Daniel Tosh?
97. Kyle Singler - OKC Thunder
100. members of the band Tycho (confimed in post 102)

People mentioned in a similar thread (perhaps a mod can merge the two threads):
Jeff Halpern
Ed Norton
Warwick Davis
Chris Martin-the lead singer of Coldplay
Rachel Bilson
Bobby Flay of the Food Network
Sally Fields
Mexican superstar Toro Mierda
Sterling Sharpe
Ryan O'Neal PDGA#049
Tatum O'Neal PDGA #050

Jimmy Carter
Nick Ellis... water polo player
Conan O'Brien
Ben Roethlisburger
Dominique Wilkins
The band "Wilco" played Reedy Creek here in Charlotte when they were in town in June of 2007.
Members ofthe bands Gwar and Avail
David Crowder Band
Geena Davis
Steve Guttenburg
Kyle Korver
former WWE wrestler Charles Wright
Dmitri Martin
Brian Skinner of the L.A. clippers
Warwick Davis
Andrew Zimmern

People mentioned in this thread so far (with post # they were mentioned):
1. Matthew Perry
2. Sandra Day O'Connor (has a 9 hole course on her property in Wisconsin); Larry Hagman
3. David Garrard
10. Carl Edwards
13. Matt LeBlanc
16. Jack Black
21. Robin Williams
23. Mark Salling
78. Ben Askren; Wonderboy Thompson
80. Mick Thomson
84. Paul Walker ; Kristen Stewart
86. Aaron Rodgers ; Bubba Watson PDGA#44745 ; Casey Desmith goalie - Penguins farm team
87. Brian Wilson - SF Giants closer
89. Daniel Tosh?
97. Kyle Singler - OKC Thunder
100. members of the band Tycho (confimed in post 102)

People mentioned in a similar thread (perhaps a mod can merge the two threads):
Jeff Halpern
Ed Norton
Warwick Davis
Chris Martin-the lead singer of Coldplay
Rachel Bilson
Bobby Flay of the Food Network
Sally Fields
Sterling Sharpe
Ryan O'Neal PDGA#049
Tatum O'Neal PDGA #050

Jimmy Carter
Nick Ellis... water polo player
Conan O'Brien
Ben Roethlisburger
Dominique Wilkins
The band "Wilco" played Reedy Creek here in Charlotte when they were in town in June of 2007.
Members ofthe bands Gwar and Avail
David Crowder Band
Geena Davis
Steve Guttenburg
Kyle Korver
former WWE wrestler Charles Wright
Dmitri Martin
Brian Skinner of the L.A. clippers
Warwick Davis
Andrew Zimmern

I bet big Ben and Rodgers aren't noodle arms.... like me:(

This makes me doubt your entire list.
HA! Didn't even occur to me what that actually meant. Seems particularly suspect given my avatar. :thmbup:

Originally mentioned by TJ almost a decade ago:

I didn't come up with any of these names myself. I just compiled them from this thread, and the other thread I linked.
There are prolly some other threads I didn't catch.

Last edited:
Played last weekend with Dan and Mike from the band Dangermuffin and they are great guys and good golfers. I have also played with Zack Deputy as well as Doug Jones from Cravin' Melon at the same event and they are also great guys. Sun Dried Vibes also play a lot on the road per the Dangermuffin guys as well.

Played last weekend with Dan and Mike from the band Dangermuffin and they are great guys and good golfers. I have also played with Zack Deputy as well as Doug Jones from Cravin' Melon at the same event and they are also great guys. Sun Dried Vibes also play a lot on the road per the Dangermuffin guys as well.

Those are all terrible band names. :sick:

Maybe I'm just not in touch with the current music scene, but I can't help but think whether all these bands are truly celebs.

Are they at playing gigs outside their own state? Do they get any airplay that doesn't involve throwing a disc?

I played a few rounds from the guys from Moop. The band never amounted to much, but those guys were already celebrities...

moop.png

Saw these cats on a course as well.... lead singer's a total DB.
_1e2afRe4brl.jpg

Imagine my surprise reading an article about a baseball player that carries "Frisbees for disc golf" to the ballpark and on all his road trips. JD Martinez of the Red Sox apparently uses them and a whole bag of toys as part of his training regimen. Nothing in the article to suggest that he might use them for their intended purpose as well, but that would be cool.

Imagine my surprise reading an article about a baseball player that carries "Frisbees for disc golf" to the ballpark and on all his road trips. JD Martinez of the Red Sox apparently uses them and a whole bag of toys as part of his training regimen. Nothing in the article to suggest that he might use them for their intended purpose as well, but that would be cool.

160+ games a year does not provide much free time... I could see him chucking after his MLB days if he is already tossing...