• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Challenge: Rate an unrated course this summer!

Not summer anymore... but, I added two courses and reviewed them.
Buncombe County Sports Complex near Asheville NC and Catawba Meadows in Morganton NC.
DSCJNKY

Its right across from another course and noone else had found it before? When was it installed for the first time and is it a private property?

No idea when it was installed, but it's old enough to have some of the basket chains totally rusted through. I made a wrong turn leaving the park, and happened to see the baskets in the corner of a private church retreat camp. They didn't seem to mind casual players using their course as long as they asked, and you have to drive past the entrance to the camp on a small road to actually see the course. The funniest part is that while we were playing Commissioners park, we were talking about how nice the land the camp was on would be for a course :p.

If anyone plays it I will vote thumbs up no matter what. sending the dedicated golfer some lip balm might be in order.

A friend of mine went to McMurdo Station Antartica twice when he was in the Navy a while back, but he doesn't disc golf :doh:

Congrats T I M:

When this thread was started there was 2644 in the US with 454 unreviewed.

Now there are 2916 with 167 not reviewed.

A total of 559 new and reviewed courses.

Congrats T I M:

When this thread was started there was 2644 in the US with 454 unreviewed.

Now there are 2916 with 167 not reviewed.

A total of 559 new and reviewed courses.

DGCR went from 14.6% to 2.7% unrated. Wow, that's HUGE :eek:

Well there is an assload across the world that are unrated still.

I keep waiting for the day I am driving and I see a course not listed here. I go out play it post it and review it. I just hope I can get all that done before getting shot for tresspassing on private property.

I (actually I need to give credit to my wife of all people, she saw it and said there was a disc golf basket on the side of the road . . . I didn't believe it until I saw it, I just thought she was feeding my addiction) did find one near Sturgeon Bay, WI that is not listed but it also looks unkept. The grass was 3 feet tall. I should have played it when I had the chance. tallpaul said he had played that course before, I am just wondering if it was before someone decided to abandon it

Last edited:
I keep waiting for the day I am driving and I see a course not listed here. I go out play it post it and review it. I just hope I can get all that done before getting shot for tresspassing on private property.

I wouldn't go puting up someones private course, or secret course without permission. It's realy dissrespectful of the property owner.:thmbdown:

awww I thought the challenge was back, When I started there was about 500 DGCR members, now there are close to 10,000 so it's a little harder to be the first.

awww I thought the challenge was back, When I started there was about 500 DGCR members, now there are close to 10,000 so it's a little harder to be the first.

I did post one I maybe shouldnt have because it is on the property of a private college. I didnt ask anyone if it was ok to play nor post on the internet. But I did list it as private.

As far as playing a course on private property . . . I suppose I did play this course . . . but on a homeowners land . . . I would never play without permission . . . I would be afraid I would get shot, but the private course I played was on a private catholic college (I didnt think the nuns would come after me!)

Speaking of 10,000 we are getting really close. I am thinking it will happen even before I predicted December 14th (in my thread regarding the 10,000th member). Only one other person predicted between December 1-15, everone else was after that!

A new course opened in Markleeville, CA (Near Lake Tahoe) in the beginning of October. I played it on Halloween and waited for over three weeks for the designers/installers to post it, but since they did not, I posted it and got in the first review. I tried to give them the opportunity, but I couldn't wait any longer. I will get some pics uploaded the next time I play. It definatley feels good to post a new course to this great site. I have also learned that there is a 9 hole private course at a church just up the street from me. I will not post it however, without their permission.

I'm a bit stoked to be the first to review Austin Ridge Bible Church. My favorite new course in the Austin area!

Someone needs to rate and do a review on North Calais in VT. I've only played it during a tournament and scotch was involved so my review won't do it justice. It's an epic course that deserves national recognition. It's private (the owners are great) but I don't see it being over exposed because of a site like this. It's so remote, you're not likely to be just passing by. The tournament/camping held in the summer make it a vacation destination. Trust me, it's epic.

A new course opened in Markleeville, CA (Near Lake Tahoe) in the beginning of October. I played it on Halloween and waited for over three weeks for the designers/installers to post it, but since they did not, I posted it and got in the first review. I tried to give them the opportunity, but I couldn't wait any longer. I will get some pics uploaded the next time I play. It definatley feels good to post a new course to this great site. I have also learned that there is a 9 hole private course at a church just up the street from me. I will not post it however, without their permission.

Sweet, I've been wondering about the course in Markleeville. How is it? Good times like Craig Getty described to me?

I had a great time. I found it to be similar to Truckee, but with its own personality. It was very easy to to navigate and had a mix of shorter, more technical holes, and longer, more open ones. The park itself is awesome. Just off the highway, but once you're in it, you feel like you've left civilization. It was quiet. Just me and the baskets. :D

I thought I was going to get out there again before the year ended, but the snow the last few weekends has squashed those plans.

I was able to get to the course in an hour and 15 minutes, which is longer than either Truckee, or Tahoe Vista, but shoter than Zephyr, Bijou, or the Sactamento/Foothill courses, so I'm excited that I have another course to choose from.

Latest posts