• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Champ Eagle L vs Star TL for anhyzer/turnover shot

tu-f-o

Double Eagle Member
Which is more understable or easier to do a turnover or anny shot?
I have both and I kind of feel like the Eagle L "listens" to what you tell it to do "quicker" than a TL. So it seems more responsive to me.
Also I love the TL but it doesn't seem to naturally turn even when beat in.
Both are beaten relatively equally and both same weight pretty much.

thoughts on both discs for all shots? hyzer, anny, flat, etc

i've thrown quite a few eagle-l's, but only one tl. the teebird-l seemed more jagged in it's flight than the eagle, more turn and fade.

Eagle turns more than the TL and will be better for anny shots.

.... seriously? do we need to have the turnover vs anny discussion again? just because a disc turns more does not mean it is better for anny shots. my mamba turns a lot and it's a terrible disc for anny shots unless you want a roller. you actually want discs with more neutral stability to throw long annys with.

first of all how far are you throwing these discs? i don't know much about eagle Ls but TLs soak up power so until you beat one in it's not really meant to be turned over. you can put it on a nice anny line, again depending on the range, but turning over is not really what it's meant to do.

I believe Innova's intent with the TL (someone correct me if I'm wrong, please) was to make a "worn-in" Teebird. It's not really the same, but TLs are great discs. They will hold a beautiful, sweeping anny, where an Eagle, yes, even an Eagle-L, will fight out of.

Now if you are looking for an out-of-the-box turnover disc, true turnovers, that is, the Eagle-L will be the better bet, just because of it's stronger finish. TLs tned to be straighter in flight path when attempting a turnover.

.... seriously? do we need to have the turnover vs anny discussion again? just because a disc turns more does not mean it is better for anny shots. my mamba turns a lot and it's a terrible disc for anny shots unless you want a roller. you actually want discs with more neutral stability to throw long annys with.

first of all how far are you throwing these discs? i don't know much about eagle Ls but TLs soak up power so until you beat one in it's not really meant to be turned over. you can put it on a nice anny line, again depending on the range, but turning over is not really what it's meant to do.

The Eagle-L can fade out of the anny but after it has held the anny line for quite awhile. I throw them from 325-375ft. Parked a 385 hole on an anny line with an Eagle-L multiple times. I don't think new to used eagle-Ls can be thrown flat or anny to rollers. Unless they're really really beat.

I'm pretty sure the TL was designed to mimic the dx teebird flight in premium plastic.
When champ plastic was new they figured the flight would be more overstable. Hence the first run CE's being L molds.

Anywho I prefer the eagle L for annies and turnovers.

A fresh champ eagle L will hold the anny without flipping too much because of the combination of high speed turn and some low speed fade.

When seasoned they will hold the line on turnover shots because you can beat out some LSS, while still retaining it's HSS.

DX teebird. Problem solved.

I throw ce eagle X's and 11x kc pro teebirds more than any other two discs in my bag (besides putter), but I have stacks of dx teebirds waiting to be thrown. I always keep a new dx teebird in the bag. They are perfect anny discs right out of the box up to about 350 feet (thats how far I throw them). They just hold a slow, smooth anny line when thrown flat. Check them out. Worth a shot, if you dont like it, its only $8 wasted, or keep if for field practice!

Eagle L all day! I prefer beat champ TBs(which are similar to a star TL) for straight shots, but the Eagle L is better for turnovers. I can throw both on the same line, but the Eagle seems more consistent and more willing to turn over. Just got a flat 170g 11x that is $$$!

I agree with katana and danjon, just wanted some reinforcing feedback.
Eagle L's do tend to stay in that anny line longer, and with less effort.
I've parked a TL on an anny line (not turnover), but I cannot do this consistently on the same hole.
Eagles seem to be easier and more consistent, for me.

The Champ TL I just got has fierce HSS and medium fade. I would have better luck flipping my Eagle-X. If I we're you, I'd use the Sidewinder, just throw it flat and watch it turn and ride.

Yea I definitely can use the sidewinder, but some of these holes are shorter annies. I'd rather use a fairway most times, but honestly the sidewinder can work in almost all distances. I'll try it next time.

Am I the only one who saw this and thought Leopard? For something that you want to turn from flat this seems like a no brainer. Pro or DX would be my choices.

I don't have any experience with Eagles, but the well seasoned star TL I had was great for line shaping. A seasoned DX Teebird would also work well.

Latest posts