• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Champ Glo Asia Eagle X or...more DX Eagles

Oregon Southpaw

Bogey Member
I'm tempted by those Asia Champ Glo Eagles that just came out...but with shipping one of them works out to around $25.

Is this going to be the type of situation where it'll just be another generic overstable disc with a pretty stamp where my game would be served so much better by just getting three DX Eagles? I like Champ plastic in certain situations, I hate the overstable Champ 11 or 12 x's though. I'm not familiar with Glo plastic.

Help me here DGCR.

if you 'hate' champ plastic on 11x and 12x eagles, I am guessing you won't like a 12x glow champ eagle.

Its not the plastic that I necessarily hate, its whichever run was more overstable than a Banshee even after you beat the living crap out of it.

So I take it this will be on the crazy-overstable side of things, then.

I think the flat 11x'es were the overstable ones.

I have a few 12x'es and they are great- I like star a little better than champ but throw both a lot.

Its not the plastic that I necessarily hate, its whichever run was more overstable than a Banshee even after you beat the living crap out of it.

So I take it this will be on the crazy-overstable side of things, then.

Do you still have any of these that you hate because they are more overstable than a banshee? If so.... I want one or two...

I'm tempted by those Asia Champ Glo Eagles that just came out...but with shipping one of them works out to around $25.

Is this going to be the type of situation where it'll just be another generic overstable disc with a pretty stamp where my game would be served so much better by just getting three DX Eagles? I like Champ plastic in certain situations, I hate the overstable Champ 11 or 12 x's though. I'm not familiar with Glo plastic.

Help me here DGCR.

why does everyone feel the need to get personal advice on here??? if you don't like eagles, why spend 25 bucks on one?

The glo plastic does not fly much differently than the regular champ plastic. What kind of eagles have/do you currently own? Or have you just thrown a few from your friends' bag? If you havent thrown them much I'd definitely go to the DX route. You get more plastic for your $$$ plus they break in so nice.

I wouldn't characterize 12x Eagle-x as "crazy overstable".

Now that mine is a bit worn, it is "crazy workable".

I should have been more clear.

No I don't hate the Eagle. It is one of my favorite discs ever - in DX plastic. I have had some downright awful Eagles go through my bag, and they were all Champion Eagles. They were also hand-me-down so I didn't get to pick them out from the store considering PLH, dominess, etc.

I guess what I was trying to do was find out if the Champ Glo Eagle with this super-cool stamp would be at all useable other than just being pretty...in this regard I mean "similar to a DX Eagle", at least when it breaks in. I'm getting the feeling that the DX Eagle is sort of untranslatable in the premium plastics.

So you hate champ eagles but want to know if buying a champ eagle for $25 is a good idea for you personally?

I'm gonna say yes and I think you should buy like 10.

I'm not a fan on spending $25 bucks on something I can get something else to do for $8; or if better durability is what you want, $12. Its likely going to fly like the $12 dollar ones which might be what you dont like.

image.php

DX it is.

Fer fooks sake!
Someone bought 'em all up!

I guess we'll see LS discs slapping them on ebay @ $25 each pretty soon....

yea thats BS I saw a ton of Big D stuff on their page for stupid inflated prices.

I'm getting the feeling that the DX Eagle is sort of untranslatable in the premium plastics.

it is when they are new. I have an uber beat Champ Eagle-L that flies like some DX ones that I've had but it takes a long time for a disc to get that worn. Start throwing it 100 times a day and you'll be there in a year. Maybe 6 months with a lot of trees. :)

yea thats BS I saw a ton of Big D stuff on their page for stupid inflated prices.

Yup...i was gonna get a few Big D stiff-pro darts because I liked them for putting but they snapped 'em up. They went from 12 to 22 bucks in a week.

Latest posts