• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Something between an Eagle and a Firebird

You throw DX Teebirds for distance but what about a max weight Star Teebird for this slot? I used to cycle DX Eagles and usually kept a fresh champ Teebird between my Eagles and Firebirds.

It looks like the FL is available in star.... A old discer gave me his Firebird candy pro 160-4?, he couldn't throw it. I loved it!! Plenty of beef without being a useless meathook. Did everything I was told a FB should do.

Bought 4 other FB (that sucked) before someone here pointed out the bottom lip is different. If I had known that sooner I would have stocked up on FL's. Of course everything is out of stock these days.

The description is a straighter, glidier FB.. I can't comment on OLF's or millennium...

Last edited:
Not currently, unless you want them in the 140's

Incredibly lame.

Not a lot of options if you want to match the speed 7/8. If you are willing to go up to a 1.9 cm rim for the OLF, what about an S-PD? You can find some very stable Avengers in ESP and FLX. I would also recommend the Kastaplast Stal, but that one starts almost as beefy as a Firebird.

Not sure how long you have been playing, but if you have a well beat Predator lying around it may serve you well.

The flight you are looking for you can get from a fuzion or biofuzion felon. Similar stability as a thunderbird but less glidy, so it'll be less affected by wind. It's a relatively flat disc so it may be personal if you like the feel or not. Ive been throwing them a while and scott stokely recently described them the exact same way in his in the bag video. The lucid felons are a lot more accurate to the numbers so I'd stay away from those.

INNfuse Star Eagle started off pretty damn OS for me. I throw around 280 for reference. After 6 months of use its still got 0 turn but the fade has mellowed out. It's still a great headwind fighter for me. I also throw a Sirius OLF and it's great too

I've been testing out the 1.5 SOLF and one of the new Jerm Birds and I agree the SOLF feels better. I have no idea why the top piece makes any difference at all, but apparently it does...

The flight you are looking for you can get from a fuzion or biofuzion felon. Similar stability as a thunderbird but less glidy, so it'll be less affected by wind. It's a relatively flat disc so it may be personal if you like the feel or not. Ive been throwing them a while and scott stokely recently described them the exact same way in his in the bag video. The lucid felons are a lot more accurate to the numbers so I'd stay away from those.

I'm a fellow noodle arm as well and recently bought a fuzion felon.

It is stupid OS. Would not recommend. It's not quite as stupid OS as the star firebird I have, but still.

Vulture? The rim isn't much bigger than a fairway driver. You might find a 166-170 g one fits that slot. In ESP or Z. Avoid Ti. But good luck finding one…

The swirly barsby eagles are somewhere around 7/4/0/3 for me fresh. Good headwind disc, OS but not Firebird OS. Fade is dumpier than a Firebird though. Check eBay for those. And the innfuse, there are several listings for both on there right now.

Innova factory store has star Eagle X's. Haven't seen them in a while

Latest posts