• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Something between an Eagle and a Firebird

Have you checked out a felon? Lucid or fuzion could work. I personally love the flight and feel, just not crazy about trilogy plastic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can either go with something with the same rim width of the firebird but less stable, or the same rim width as the eagle but more stable.

Eagle-ish but more stable? Banshee is it, you don't like champ though, so this is pretty rough. Resistor is another one of the very, very few slow OS fairways still out there. And even it is OOP

I think really you're looking for a very mellow firebird essentially... how about a very broken in 2015 Sexton Firebird, straight from Papa Nate's bag?

Overstable variant of Thunderbird is probably the easiest option. Too shallow? I dunno man, it's got the same lower wing as the FB.

That Firebird!!!

Well, FL...a beauty nonetheless.

^^^
I KNOW!
my favorite disc of all my 1000+ discs!
got it years ago on ebay for $80!!!

Attachments

• fb pink.jpg
    fb pink.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 41
There are plenty of heavy 12x Eagles out there that are beefy and there are lots of firebirds that will bend a little. I don't have a hole between my glidey firebird (12x 170 with a small amount of dome) and my flattish champ Eagle (blue champ max weight) . Is the problem that the OP doesn't like champ plastic? I mean there are star and Gstar firebirds out there. The other side are the 2018 Barsby eagles. Waaaay beefy.

Anyway, a felon is not the answer. Once they start breaking in they will only spend a round or two in that sweet spot before they become a Valk.

Gotta try an Alpha Mad Cat. Not quite FB Os but it's way more than an Eagle, great glide for an OS disc as well.

My guess is that the top is different than the OLF.

My recommendation is to find a OS Eagle. They're out there.

Got a couple BEEFY Eagle X Star F2 from the factory store. These are way more OS than the barsby models and a several years beat in Sexybird.

A nice MF TB3 could also fit the slot you seek.

Wondering about an FL (oop h2f and probably became the thurnderbird) also.

Scott stokely would disagree with you.
https://youtu.be/r9J4QeQxPvs?t=5m16s

I watched the clip you posted and it made milk come out of my nose. Stokely throws two brand new felons and talks about how they are not overstable. Two weeks after that he takes them out of the bag because they are too under stable for the spot. That's how E Oakley ended up with 9 felons in the bag (that's called a felonious Tricycle).

Anyway- yes I've thrown felons. No they are not in that spot between and Eagle and a Firebird for more than a couple of rounds.

Moving on.
Kastaplast Staal in K1 at say 170 is a good option.

Anyway, a felon is not the answer. Once they start breaking in they will only spend a round or two in that sweet spot before they become a Valk.

Felon is a headwind-resistant high-fade stable driver and it's not a "true" OS driver like a Firebird, but comparing it to a Valk is absurd imo.

To answer the question, a beat Banshee or an OS Thunderbird would be my Innova suggestions. A Trilogy -X plastic Getaway or Culverin might work too

I know EO cycled them and I always hear people joke about "this is my flippy Felon" but I never realized how ridiculous they can get. I played league on Wednesday with some nasty winds. Headwind hole, I threw a Teebird, got a slight turn then fade. My cardmate, not a cannon arm but no noodle, threw a disc that flipped up and continuously turned until hitting the ground. He turned around and said:

"That was my fresh Fuzion Felon."

Unbelievable.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Latest posts