• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Champ Roc vs. Star Roc vs. Pro Roc (vs. DX)

So, I am curious about the KC Pro Rocs and some other Rocs and while there are a ton of Roc threads, this seemed to be most concerned with plastic.

I have been throwing Cores and; at times, a Buzzz and I have liked them because they can be thrown straight or I can turn them over if I want, but as time goes on I have been gravitating more toward my Warrior which is a little more HSS and more LSS than a Core or Buzzz but then I have to carry something like a Stingray (or I guess I could carry the Core with it but the Stingray seems to compliment a Warrior better) so that way I have something just a tad more stable than just a Core or Buzzz

Well; I was thinking instead of a Warrior and another disc, I should finally check out this Roc breaking in thing even though the whole number of different types of Rocs annoys me at times. Keep that in mind and dont tell me about flat top, SM, Ontarion or any of that.

I just want to know, would it work to get a KC Pro Roc and an R-Pro Roc so the R-Pro would break in faster while I break the KC in?

So, I am curious about the KC Pro Rocs and some other Rocs and while there are a ton of Roc threads, this seemed to be most concerned with plastic.

I have been throwing Cores and; at times, a Buzzz and I have liked them because they can be thrown straight or I can turn them over if I want, but as time goes on I have been gravitating more toward my Warrior which is a little more HSS and more LSS than a Core or Buzzz but then I have to carry something like a Stingray (or I guess I could carry the Core with it but the Stingray seems to compliment a Warrior better) so that way I have something just a tad more stable than just a Core or Buzzz

Well; I was thinking instead of a Warrior and another disc, I should finally check out this Roc breaking in thing even though the whole number of different types of Rocs annoys me at times. Keep that in mind and dont tell me about flat top, SM, Ontarion or any of that.

I just want to know, would it work to get a KC Pro Roc and an R-Pro Roc so the R-Pro would break in faster while I break the KC in?

Rpro rocs suck.

R Wood Rocs, at least the ones I have are flat, and I would take one of them over just about anything other than a wizard, depending.

Definitely just stick to KC Pro and DX Rocs. People think it's all confusing but that's really all you need to know.

That's my strategy, I keep two dx rocs and a kc pro roc in my bag, they're great discs and easy to replace. I don't like the idea of having discs that I would have to pay extra for and go searching for to find back ups.

Champion Classic Roc all day every day, drives, upshots, long putts, and putts, it's probably IMHO the most well rounded disc I've ever thrown.

EDIT: I personally use it for all the above but more frequently for fairway drives, and long/jump putts

Ok thanks.

Think I'm going to pick a DX and KC. And try to break the DX on in quickly and let the KC take its time. Then if I start to like it, I will start back loading some fresh ones in.

Just had to chime in, r pro rocs do not suck.
In my experience, r pro grip in the rain is insane, and I love the touch in all conditions.

Yes they beat in, but not faster than dx, and a roc that is beat in as many will say still Flys really well. Mine looks a bit ugly but still flies very trusty.

Not nearly as stable as my kc, but it's a beat roc. If you want a US roc, consider getting a r pro instead of dx if you like the r pro stuff.

Please don't "chime in" on 6 year old threads. Likelihood is that no one who originally posted here still cares or hasn't already gotten their questions answered. Some of them probably don't even read DGCR or throw Rocs anymore. I almost replied to the OP thinking this was a fresh question and then realized it's old. Some of the info on this thread is pretty outdated too. Roc3s didn't exist in 2010 and it's no longer hard to find a Star Rancho Roc for example.

Bump whatever threads you like. It's nice to see a thread with civil and helpful discussion without the garbage trolling that seems to litter every thread today. The people that posted in this thread are ten times more credible than the active posters of today, too.

Bump whatever threads you like. It's nice to see a thread with civil and helpful discussion without the garbage trolling that seems to litter every thread today. The people that posted in this thread are ten times more credible than the active posters of today, too.

Sorry, let me clarify my previous comment. DiscBaltimore necro-bumped this thread to argue with something someone posted in 2010 about R-Pro Rocs. In his comment, he seemed to be under the allusion that he was just "chiming in" on a conversation in progress. Most likely the person who made the comment he was arguing with is not even on DGCR anymore or does not throw Rocs anymore or both. Also, plastic blends like R-Pro change over time; the blend of R-Pro back in 2010 might have sucked and the blend now might be great. It doesn't really matter, but my point was that it's kind of a silly reason to necro-bump an old thread.

Anyway, all that aside, if anyone wants to have a discussion about Rocs in different types of plastic of course please do so. I wasn't trying to squelch conversation; just being snarky about the necro-bump.

So let's be productive...
I recently was sent an amazing USDGC Champ Rancho, the '06 throwback(Thanks, David!). Litterally amazing. Is it OS in the sence that a Zone, Gator, or FB are OS? No. But it is the best headwind fighting Roc I've ever thrown. It was everything I hoped for from the Roc3 but never could quite get(some early domier runs were pretty close). In the 3ish months I've had it, it's become a staple in my bag. I throw it multiple times most every round. This year, I plan on picking up a few USDGC Rocs when the time comes. Champ Rocs FTW!

So let's be productive...
I recently was sent an amazing USDGC Champ Rancho, the '06 throwback(Thanks, David!). Litterally amazing. Is it OS in the sence that a Zone, Gator, or FB are OS? No. But it is the best headwind fighting Roc I've ever thrown. It was everything I hoped for from the Roc3 but never could quite get(some early domier runs were pretty close). In the 3ish months I've had it, it's become a staple in my bag. I throw it multiple times most every round. This year, I plan on picking up a few USDGC Rocs when the time comes. Champ Rocs FTW!

You've got an '07 USDGC Wings and Rings Roc headed your way too my friend. #TEAM

Lol. I'm surprised the average DGCR poster can turn on a computer sometimes.

i would love to hear everyones feedback on the OP with Roc3 thrown in the mix.

Roc3 > Roc

Really? You really want that statement attributed to you? ;)

Sure :D

Aside from McPro (tour series plastic), the Roc3 is now widely available in most of Innova's plastic options (Dx, Champ, Star etc.) and it's easy to cover all midrange shots without getting into 11x this, 06' that, 01 CE that.

I see your point, but I don't think it's as big of a deal as the people here make it out to be. I carry current, at the time I started stockpiling, run Rocs (except my Champ which I got on the cheap without having to look very hard for it), and I didn't have any harder of a time building up my stash as any other mold I carry.

Give Roc3s a chance to get even a tenth as many runs (to give the mold time to start wearing) as Ranchos have and see if you still say the same. I also have yet to find/hear of a readily available Roc3 that starts with the beef that Ranchos have. Might as well just carry a Buzzz.

Latest posts