• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Champion TL or Champion TL + (plus)

Verjaeger

Par Member
First off,

Do regular Champion TL's exist and where can I get them?

Second off,

Does anyone have an opinion on if either is better and why? Please only post opinion if you have actually thrown each.

Tertiary off,

How do the champion mold compare to the star TL's?

*sits by computer and waits in anticipation :popcorn:

Regular Champ TL is CFR only and you can get them on here or ebay, The Plus mold is production.

I've thrown most Tl's and the plus mold has a bigger dome and is more stable like a teebird
The Regular champ CFR or Last run CE TL's are my favorite, lots of glide and good stability
The stars are the least stable and break in the fastest

I would pick up a new star in a comfortable weight and go from there to see if you like the mold

Last edited:
Oh I def like the mold. I've been nailing down my fairway drivers and kicked the leopard, blaze, and eagles out or my bag (eagles are still nice though). My nearly new 175g Star TL is the straightest flying disc I've ever thrown. I just worried that it will get beat up too fast? Ideally I'm thinking 4 fairways either in some combination like

TL / Star / 175g
TL / Champion / 175g
Teebird / Star/ 175g
Teebird / Champion / 175

or

TL / Star / 175g / Beat up
TL / Star / 175g / New
Teebird / Champion / 175g / Beat up
Teebird / Champion / 175g / New

With a possible fifth disc as an alternate. Maybe a lower weight TL or Teebird

Last edited:
Old run champ TL is the way to go. The plastic should be pearly and the ink underneath near faded. Get something 168-170 and have fun throwing frozen ropes.

Why the hell does Innova:

1) Keep making a new disc each month that sucks
2) Not make every disc in pro
3) Not have all 3 types of rocs in every plastic
4) Not make flat top rocs
5) not have champ TL
6) even have the plus mold?
7) drive me crazy

Why the hell does Innova:

1) Keep making a new disc each month that sucks
2) Not make every disc in pro
3) Not have all 3 types of rocs in every plastic
4) Not make flat top rocs
5) not have champ TL
6) even have the plus mold?
7) drive me crazy

+
Not have a 130g Blizzard teebird??

So the plus is a slanted inner rim? Like \ instead of |? If you can understand that. I currently have a beat in star so I am trying to decide between a new star or champ, however, that edge seems weird and might annoy me.

So the plus is a slanted inner rim? Like \ instead of |? If you can understand that. I currently have a beat in star so I am trying to decide between a new star or champ, however, that edge seems weird and might annoy me.

I'm one of the few, but I really like the plus mold. I think it releases more cleanly.

I picked up a champ TL+ a few weeks ago and really like it. I agree with the guy who said it has even less HSS than a regular Teebird. I have a star TB and between that, the TL and a Discraft stratus I don't think I'll ever need more fairway drivers. Unless you consider a Pred a fairway.

I picked up a champ TL+ a few weeks ago and really like it. I agree with the guy who said it has even less HSS than a regular Teebird. I have a star TB and between that, the TL and a Discraft stratus I don't think I'll ever need more fairway drivers. Unless you consider a Pred a fairway.

LESS HSS? :confused::confused::confused: All the ones that I've thrown and everyone that I've talked to have said they are more HSS.

My Champ TL+ is beefier than my Star Teebird, the TB is slightly beat though. Also the TL doesn't hold big hyzers as well as the TB. I recently replaced both with an FL and couldn't be happier.

The TL+ is very stable. I'd say it's more HSS than the Teebird even.

I've found the same. A new DX Teebird, slightly worn champ 11x cal, and a new champ TL + all thrown in a field for a while. The new dx had the most glide but hit one tree and was basically a loaner disc from then on, the champ 11x is awesome. Goes straight finishes with a slight fade. The champ TL was the most stable of the bunch and even though it's supposed to be straightest with little fade I found it to have the most HSS and the same LSS. Also it's a lot domier.

Until today...I flat topped that champ TL + and am excited to throw it now.

Latest posts