• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Champion Vulcan Question

NateDiscFlip

Double Eagle Member
Currently, I own a beat in 175 star Vulcan. The disc is fast, fairly flippy(NOT AS FLIPPY AS THE NUKE SS), but has earned it's way into my bag. My buddy has one of a few SUPER DOMIE star Vulcans, which is more stable and useful in its own way, especially for long str8 hyzer shots.

Then there is the Champion Vulcans. Are they any more stable than the star?

And are the champion Vulcans really domie?

The initial CFR champion Katanas lacked super dome(atleast everyone I seen). Later CFR Katanas produced did have super dome. These domier champ katanas were definitely more stable than the flatter CFR and Star runs.

I have a poppy top orange champ Vulcan that's very stable for a Vulcan. Much more stable than the glows. More like a new Surge.

I just got a PDGA Pro Worlds Champ Vulcan and it has a big pop top compared to my FR Star Vulcan. Haven't had a chance to throw it yet though. Only other note I'd like to add is the champ came with lots of tiny bubbles in the mold, right where the rim meets the flight plate, so many that the texture on the top is different as a result. I'm not too thrilled about it, the quality, (at least looks-wise) seems sub-par for a disc that some may consider a collectors item.

I've tested a super domey CFR Champ Vulcan...It is much more stable than star Vulcans, has more glide, and goes farther imo. I would compare the stability to a new champ Beast...Less stable than my Flows, but more stable than a Katana.

How many of you own one of these now? And are they all pop top/domey as heck?
/knows I bumped an OLD thread...but I did use the Search Function!

The stable Vulcan I've thrown/owned was super domey. I would compare it to the dome of a poppy top Destroyer, but with a wider wing of course.

I just personally prefer throwing Pro or Star (and their equivalent) plastics for distance over Champ/Z/etc. I just seem to get a more responsive flight without as much effort. But if I had to throw a Vulcan, the poppy top Champs would be the ones I'd throw.

Just explained this same thing in a MP thread, but, I have found the CFR Champion Vulcans to be domier and more overstable than the regular production Star V's.
PLH is higher on the Champ's, but I also have CFR Star Vulcans that have the same PLH as the Champ discs, with a flatter top.
The flatter CFR Stars fly about the same as the Champs do, so if you can find a CFR Star its the best of both worlds in my opinion.

Anybody getting rid of theirs? i'm kinda liking the fliptasticness of these guys.

i have a bunch they all seem the same in champ.

the champ vulcan i had was super domey and quite stable for a vulcan. i could get pretty good d on it but it didnt fly like i wanted it to. i prefer the pros and stars for max distance. pro are my favs