• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Champy Star colors?

Allot of the blends I find are red a swell I do have a few nice champystarish Lime green destroyers

Lots of red but I do have a yellow PFN Sidewinder and bottom stamp Wraith that are both champie star

most are red, like my eagles and TL's.
i have a yellow 11x teebird that's kinda champy star, or CE'ish.

Any pics? I'd love to see what yellow or blue looks like, if its possible to take a picture that shows the translucency. I've tried it, and it sorta works, but the disc needs to be backlit so it looks like carp.

I think the general consensus is that red is very common. I was under the impression that the blue night shift Orcs were champy star. And I'm pretty certain that all red patent numbered PDs are champy star.

dunno if these count since they're more like opaque champ, but whatevs.

IMAG0210_zpssjiyi3ez.jpg

IMAG0231_zps3llqqkfy.jpg
]

pinkish

IMAG0232_zpssylkrwhu.jpg

if someone told me these were star i'd probably believe them. a lot of the older plastic seemed to have that quality to it.

When people say Champy-Star they usually mean semi-translucent Star stamped discs.

With Champion plastic, most people just say opaque champ.

Sorry the pics are upside down, but you can still see the differences.
First is Star vs. Champy Star, the translucence of the Boss is easy to see, despite the fact I took the pics when it was cloudy and overcast outside.

16123230162_ec39c21aa6_b.jpg

Next is Opaque Champion vs. Champy Star

15937897669_0055a557b3_b.jpg

Last is Orange and Yellow Champy Stars

15504268793_d00569c716_b.jpg

I used to LOVE my champystar destroyers. Have a stack of them just sitting around until I put my distance drivers back in the bag

Attachments

• IMAG0202_zps5a234c65.jpg
    IMAG0202_zps5a234c65.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 19
sooooo kinda like-a dis, except this one seems to have less champ than the other examples. the picture is pretty dark; the effect is more obvious in lighter conditions. i've seen white like this as well, except more drastic. it was a destroyer; looked pretty cool. sold it in one of my threads a while back i believe.

IMAG0240_zpsunhkdy0h.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts