• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Horizon plastic kinda lies. What about innova?

Whether it's a mold tweak, or different plastic infused, I'm firmly of the opinion, "meh".

I've had skis for decades that advertise fancy gadgets and add ons and internals to make them ski better - and it all just comes down to their shape, and the rigidity of their construction. What wood, in what shapes, is placed at what angles, and attached in what way to the stuff around it.

Doesn't matter. If they ski nice, they're worth buying. Same goes for discs. If the Halo ones fly nice, throw them. If they don't, save your money. 🤷‍♀️

Just found a video about halo plastic. It did exactly as was done with the horizon cloudbreaker and cut a halo TL3 in half. It looked similar to the cloudbreaker too. Timestamp for when to look is around 5:20

I think the people who claim gyroscopic benefits are not completely unfounded. I think the vast majority of Halo (as well as orbit/horizon ect) is essentially just dyed rims or maybe different color but near identical composition plastic BUT at least a handful of early Halo discs the rim was actually translucent champ blend and the centers a softer very opaque star feel. I only personally have held and seen this with a couple discs, but at the time I thought most halo was like that.

Disclaimer: the only halo I have ever bagged is polecats, and there is a 0% chance that any of them are anything more than color on the surface.

Latest posts