• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

CHARLOTTE COURSES -NC/SC/TN Trip

Scratch Frolf

I am traveling from Cincinnati, OH to the Charlotte area for a disc golf vacay and the Carolina Clash. I have done some research and have a few ideas for courses, but am looking for further input.

Listed below are some courses that seem to make sense for the route I'm traveling. Please let me know if; I am missing any great courses, have any ****ters on my list, or any other reccomendations.

-CHARLOTTE-
Hornet's Nest, Renaisance Park, Nevin Park DGC, Reedy Creek Park, Elon Park

-OTHER NC-
Ashe County Park, Richmond Hill, Sugaree, Elk Mountain, Bear Tree

-SC-
Wintrhop

-TN-
Warriors Path (Kingsport)

Thanks for the help!

Are you taking I-75 straight down to Knoxville, and then I-40 to Asheville - Hickory - Gastonia - Charlotte?

In South Carolina, hit up Stoney Hill. It's a challenging private course with a ton of interesting shots. PM David Sauls on this site for more info, you need to set up a time to play.

In South Carolina, hit up Stoney Hill. It's a challenging private course with a ton of interesting shots. PM David Sauls on this site for more info, you need to set up a time to play.

He said Charlotte in his post. Stoney hill is 2.5 hours south of Charlotte.:confused:

Newly redesigned course in Knoxvile. Grand opening tourney is April 1.... Part of the nonstop disc Golf tour. Check out the tourney info for location and info.

Great choices for your Charlotte selection...Ashe and SUgaree are 2 I wish I couldve hit...I am also curious about Warriors Path

I've done the tourney at Warriors Path I think 5 times now and love it. It's a really fun course with lots of variety. Winged deer on the other hand I wasn't a huge fan of.

Played here for the first time yesterday. I would recommend as well.

Newly redesigned course in Knoxvile. Grand opening tourney is April 1.... Part of the nonstop disc Golf tour. Check out the tourney info for location and info.

This should be pretty sweet, first tourney at Morningside on the Stan McDaniel redesign. Schusterick, Feldberg, Nikko, & Cale Leiviska are going to be playing & doing flight schools.

We're taking a creative route through Kingsport, TN on the way in. On the way out we're taking 40 to 75.

In Kingsport, definitely hit up Warriors Path. There are also a couple private courses there that are supposed to be great. Charlotte's great courses are self-explanatory.

I presume you've already check this, but playing Sugaree involves scheduling, and it's sometimes closed for periods of time. It is, however, worth re-arranging your entire trip, if necessary.

Ashe County is, to my mind, the other can't-miss on this list. It is my all-time, favorite, #1 course.

I'd give pause to playing Winthrop. It's a good course, but its fame is when it's set up for the USDGC; it's not the same when the ropes are down.

I don't think you own the copyright to that Avatar Stan...since... I took the picture. I'll be expecting my check in the mail.

I will be going through Knoxville 1 week prior to this event. Would this still be a possibility to play, or will the baskets not be up yet?

Latest posts