• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Wanted] Cheap Plastic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimb

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
Hey, there. I'm interested in buying some discs to have in my car/bag to give out as loaners to friends and other people I may run into in a park, etc. I'm not rolling in the dough, and generally keep discs that I throw. So I figure if I post on here I might find some cheap plastic, that I have no attachment to, that I wouldn't mind giving away.

I'm looking for beginner friendly discs, primarily putters and mids. Sorry, but I'm really not interested in all of the Grooves that everyone has lying around. :p

And when I say cheap, I mean really cheap. I could just got out and buy some $8.00 DX or D plastic from Discgolfcenter, but that's not what I had in mind. I am going to check out some ebay auctions, too, but wanted to start here with fellow DGCRers. I'm hoping to spend like $20 and get 5 or more discs. I know... I'm cheap. But I'll never know if I don't ask.

Thanks!

10 Factory Seconds from the Proshop gets you a 20% discount. Ten DX would be $4.80 each. Of course you'd have to be buy a little more to get to Free Shipping. That's what I did in the same situation.

10 Factory Seconds from the Proshop gets you a 20% discount. Ten DX would be $4.80 each. Of course you'd have to be buy a little more to get to Free Shipping. That's what I did in the same situation.

Proshop? Can you link me up? Thanks!

^^thats going to get you the best deal. and they wont be everyones beat up chewed up and spit out discs

^^thats going to get you the best deal. and they wont be everyones beat up chewed up and spit out discs

Cool. If I go the new disc route, that'll probably get me what I need. However...

I'm not opposed to beat up discs. Some of my best discs are beat in like crazy. I just don't want to give away my wonderful, beat in Aviars and Stingrays, though.

I can check this evening for you. I can probably put something together for you pretty cheap. I'm at work and have a sitter for "date day" this afternoon. I want to unload most of my stuff. Just have to see what kinda of beginner friendly throwers I have laying around.

I can check this evening for you. I can probably put something together for you pretty cheap. I'm at work and have a sitter for "date day" this afternoon. I want to unload most of my stuff. Just have to see what kinda of beginner friendly throwers I have laying around.

Excellent. I received one pm that has some discs that I think would work out great for what I'm looking for.

I'd really like to see what you have, too, though. Thanks!

I have a buddy who sells dx for 4....champ 7.....star 10.....all ranging from 4-9/10.....pm me if those prices interest you

Hey, there, whitechocolate. Did you ever have the opportunity to check out what you had? I have one offer that I'm just about ready to pull the trigger on and another pending some details. I just wanted to see what you might have.

Thanks.

I made one deal and have some discs on the way. Plus I went through my old stock and had several discs that I forgot that I had. So unless something really strikes my eye, I might be done for now.

And don't hesitate to send me more messages. I'll be glad to at least check them out. Just don't go out of your way.

Thanks. Jim

Just reviving an old thread of mine. I have the opportunity to introduce some more people to disc golf and am looking to see if anyone has any more cheap, beginner friendly, plastic. I'm looking at putters and/or easy to throw mid-ranges. Previous acquisitions from this thread are ready to meet their new owners and so I'm looking for some more.

Thanks in advance for any replies!

Jimb

If you have these stores in your area, I've seen used discs there for low cost.

The closest PIAS to me is about 1 1/2 hours Frederick, MD. I stop there when driving through town. Their prices are way too high, although they seem to listen when you tell them so. I think I got some sort of lightly used DX disc, probably an Aviar P & A there. It had something like $11 on it and I told them they were $8 new... So I got it for $6 or $7.

I bet that the it's not a really busy disc golf location and so their prices aren't as good as they'd be in a more competitive market.

When I've been there, I've only thought about discs for myself. So thanks for the reminder. I can definitely look again when I'm there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts