• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

cheap practice basket

I just got an almost new (he said he probably used it twice) DGA Mach Lite, for $50! It took timing, luck, fast driving, and more luck! It posted on craigslist yesterday, and I had to beat someone else to it who didn't show up when they said they would....BOOYAH!

I missed out on a nice set of 3 older Mach 3 type baskets a couple weeks ago. From a foreclosed house, estate sale dealer put them up on craigslist and I was a minute or two too late.:wall:

Sold the set (3) for $200 which was a fair deal.

What I've paid in the past few years...

$200 for a used portable base Discraft Chainstar from a DGer(new $400+) Grade A+ (catches awesome)
$125 for a used portable base Innova Discatcher Pro from CL(new $375+) Grade B- (sturdy but a little stiff in the chains)
$179 for a new Lightning DB-5 w/free shipping and 3 discs($190+ on avg.) Grade B+ (added inner chains, she is a heavy one though)
$250 for a pair of Discatcher Sports w/free shipping ($149+ each on avg) and recieved a free one because one of the original's basket was broken when we opened the box. Grade C- (cheap welding/build, she's the lightest but the second one just broke apart :wall:)
$55 Homemade Special Grade ??? I have almost all the pieces to make a nice looking, offical regulation sized basket but making it somewhat portable might be the hardest part. Chain is around $40 per basket with most parts coming from other gadgets/equipment. I can make at least 8 with what we have in parts.

Insteps with extra chains is probably the cheapest route for actual baskets.