• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

cheap practice basket

I bought one of these baskets several years ago as a giveaway and even though it isn't the most awesome basket around, for the price you can't go wrong! It was relatively easy to put together and light, and made for a great round of ring of fire to determine the winner! FYI I can't remember exactly what I paid for it but I know it was under $100 and it seems like it was around $70.

The instep baskets aren't bad, definitely not ideal, adding a second row of chains help, it's a worthwhile practice target and the courses I've played entirely out of them the basket doesn't detract from the experience a whole lot. This is definitely a good deal, if I had a place for one I'd probably jump on it.

I was surprised at how well the Instep basket catches just with the stock chain. I think the chain design is better than my M-15.

I also have an M-15, i actually celebrate the less chains because it make me focus more on hitting the sweet spot while practicing my putting (which is more or less all i use that for)

yea I felt that way at first but seems like it spits out a lot of good shots and after a while that gets frustrating. I've had mine for almost 2 years now.

The upside is that I go to the course and play on Discatchers and comparatively they are a black hole :thmbup:

I ordered one as well, thanks! Gonna tell my wife that I've already got my Father's Day gift taken care of for her! :)

I was just looking at getting a DGA Mach Lite. I enjoy a good deal as much as the next guy, but anyone who's had both care to comment? I like the stowability and portability of the mach lite....but, this is pretty cheap...

Basket arrived Tuesday, set it up right away and have been using it all week.
Honestly, I have no complaints about this product. For $70 it was a steal.

I may add the inner chains eventually, but it seems to catch really well as is.

Solid basket, the (3) discs included are amusing at best.

My backyard lines up to a golf course, so I've already got multiple holes planned out that will end with the basket placed in my yard.

I have a Mach Lite. It is friggin' awesome. I can break it down in less than 2 minutes and have it in the truck ready for field practice. Double chains are nice as well and you can stake it into the ground if ya want. The cons with it are the flag stick will get broken ( who cares right?) and the pin that holds it up will slip from time to time. For the price it doesn't get better than a Mach Lite imo.

I just got an almost new (he said he probably used it twice) DGA Mach Lite, for $50! It took timing, luck, fast driving, and more luck! It posted on craigslist yesterday, and I had to beat someone else to it who didn't show up when they said they would....BOOYAH!

:thmbup::hfive::eek::D::hfive:

Last edited:
I just got an InStep basket and love it! Sure it doesn't catch everything and the basket can be bouncy sometimes, but it is fantastic for the price. I honestly don't mind the fact that it can be touchy with certain throws, it forces me to hit dead center which is great for practicing putts!

aj

...it forces me to hit dead center which is great for practicing putts!

So does the M-14 basket. Mine has been deemed the nickname of "spaghetti chains".
coolsmiley.gif

Latest posts