• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Check it out bought at Play it again sports

why do people paint the bottom of there discs? is it to add more weight? i have a ce firebird that someone did that to

In this case, it apparently was painted to obscure old names and number ink.

Painting the bottom of the disc is often done to cover up someone else's ink. This isn't necessarily for bad reasons. Sometimes a disc has been traded so many times that the bottom is almost black anyways. Might as well just black it out entirely.

What he said.:doh:

Just bought 2 new champ eagles (11x) (150g and 168g) at PIAS.

Is it common for Innova to recirculate old inventory?

i just bought a 10x KC Pro Roc for $6, an 11x KC Pro Cheetah for $4, a proto / star stamp Banshee for $4, A chains Aviar for $4, and a 1997 so cal disc golf championships Aviar for $4. It was a good day for me at the local PIAS...

All have really old faded ink except the 10x roc, it has zero ink...

photo5.jpg

photo4.jpg

photo3.jpg

photo2.jpg

Last edited:
my god, I'm so tempted to drive out to PIAS right now.

well, there is one in shorewood,

but I'd hardly consider that close to you.

I, on the other hand, can get there in 10 minutes, with traffic.

well la-dee-frickin-daa.

matt_foley.jpg

if you ever see any pro rhynos, the tacky ones, that are 170+, pick them up and i'll buy them/trade you.

The PIAS in Grandrapids sucks. The plastic is rediculously expensive. Like 23$-25$ for star plastic and like 13$-15$ for DX crap plastic. The used discs are even like 10$ for a ratty beat up, warped, POS disc. Ive heard really good things from people in other states but ours sucks in GR.

The PIAS in Grandrapids sucks. The plastic is rediculously expensive. Like 23$-25$ for star plastic and like 13$-15$ for DX crap plastic. The used discs are even like 10$ for a ratty beat up, warped, POS disc. Ive heard really good things from people in other states but ours sucks in GR.

do they give you a ridiculous amount for your used plastic trade-ins to counter their stupid prices? cause that might even it out. still ridiculous

if you ever see any pro rhynos, the tacky ones, that are 170+, pick them up and i'll buy them/trade you.

will do, :hfive:

just shoot me periodic pms of things you'd like to have. I've found some gems there before, like a mint Cyclone 2.

do they give you a ridiculous amount for your used plastic trade-ins to counter their stupid prices? cause that might even it out. still ridiculous

Ive never traded/sold any discs to them. I think Ill go someday soon and see what they will give me for some extra discs I have but my hopes arent very high in getting what they are worth. Michigans economy sucks. People want to give you crumbs for everything and then turn around and charge somebody else double what its worth.

its the same all over the mid west

true story, my PIAS wants to give you $1 cash for trade ins, no matter plastic type/quality.

but they will give you $2 per trade in for store credit towards other discs!:doh:

Latest posts