• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Chicago?

All Day

Eagle Member
Greetings, disc golfers. I will be heading to Naperville, IL twice in February for business, and wanted to see if any locals could recommend course(s) for me to play while I'm there. Looking for easy to navigate 18 holers, because it may or may not be a solo round for me. I can obviously read reviews on here, but I just don't want to pick a 3-4 star course and have trouble finding the holes. Thanks in advance!

Your closest bet is the Joliet area, which is about 25-30min south of Naperville. Most of the courses there are kept up during the winter. They have a really active club in the area. Check out highland park, community park, trinity links, round barn.

Awesome, thanks! Any personal favorite of yours between those listed?

Looks like the only course I've played in Chicago, Margreth Riemer Reservoir, is closed for the season. It was ok, had some fun holes (throwing down the sledding hill was fun). Very windy when I was there, though.

If you're there in later in the year, it might be worth checking out since it's not far from where you're going.

Looks like the only course I've played in Chicago, Margreth Riemer Reservoir, is closed for the season. It was ok, had some fun holes (throwing down the sledding hill was fun). Very windy when I was there, though.

If you're there in later in the year, it might be worth checking out since it's not far from where you're going.

Whatup Crowlegs. Unrelated, I'm going to TD a Vibram Birdie Bash in May. Stay tuned!

Whatup Crowlegs. Unrelated, I'm going to TD a Vibram Birdie Bash in May. Stay tuned!

Hey AllDay.... I am planning mine for April 26, tentatively..... Waiting to get confirmation from the Village of Sunbury for the course.

Not going to accept walk-ups this year! That was too chaotic......:thmbdown:

Hey AllDay.... I am planning mine for April 26, tentatively..... Waiting to get confirmation from the Village of Sunbury for the course.

Not going to accept walk-ups this year! That was too chaotic......:thmbdown:

Ah, cool. Yeah, I didn't plan on that either.

I rank them in the same order WCG listed as well.

id flip Trinity and community but its pretty much a toss up for which is better. Highland is one of the best in IL imo.

id flip Trinity and community but its pretty much a toss up for which is better. Highland is one of the best in IL imo.

Cool, thanks. I'll be coming from Columbus, Ohio so may just hit Highland on my way into Naperville.

Awesome, thanks! Any personal favorite of yours between those listed?

1. Highland park in Joliet, il
2. Eagle ridge civic center in Oswego, il
3. Community park in Channahon, il

Those are the best ones. I would skip round barn. Its nothing special and its furthur out.

You could pair Joliet and Channahon. The course in Oswego is closer to Naperville.

Highland park in Joliet is definately the best we have.

1. Highland park in Joliet, il
2. Eagle ridge civic center in Oswego, il
3. Community park in Channahon, il

Those are the best ones. I would skip round barn. Its nothing special and its furthur out.

You could pair Joliet and Channahon. The course in Oswego is closer to Naperville.

Highland park in Joliet is definately the best we have.

Ah yeah, didn't realize how close Oswego is. I don't know what hotel I'll be in but looks like Eagle Ridge makes sense.

I think the Community Park course looks the best to me as a first timer. Great looking course!

I think the Community Park course looks the best to me as a first timer. Great looking course!

community park is the nicest park in the area in terms of cleanlyness and landscaping. the course its self is very nice too. not too hard, not too easy. line shaping and hitting your lines is needed on alot of the holes to score well.

highland is nice because of the land they have with nice elevation and the most challenging course in the area. if you could only pick one of the two, pick highland.

I would try to play both if time permits though...

Highland blows Community out of the water IMHO.

Yup, Community is impeccably maintained and a wonderful beginner course, Highland has a lot better variety and a lot more interesting challenges.

Just came here to say if you're close to Oswego, which you are, go check it out! One of my favorites in the area. Joliet is where it's at, tho!

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I guess Bears/Blackhawks fans ain't half bad after all. ;)

Okay, suppose I would be playing with a friend and co-worker for his FIRST round? He was a QB in college and still pretty athletic, but is Highland going to be "too much" (if there is such a thing)?