• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Chuck G's bag

Been trying out fan grip last few rounds

Played Comet only round yesterday: brand new Big Z 171, and year old X 171. Played 9 more holes with Big Z and Q Taurus, starting to figure out Comet a little more.

FWIW, a big step I took in throwing mids and putters was incorporating a modified fan/control grip. Helped with the comfort/consistency in throwing deeper discs like putters.

More-or-less the pointer finger and pinky grip the disc like the power grip (against the inner rim) and the middle and ring finger point straight/outward with the fingertips against the bottom of the flightplate (like a fan grip). I feel I am able o keep the control of a fan grip but still generate spin like a control grip. Keeps beat Judges nice and straight!

Cheers!

Decided I want to try 3 main molds for a while and see how that goes. I just got 173.5 champ Teebird, don't think it can replace Banshee entirely.

Soft Link x3

DX Roc 180 water
KC Pro Roc 180 new
KC Pro Roc 180
Flat top Glo Roc 180 great for forehand's
Quantum Taurus 177

Champ Banshee 175
Champ Teebird 173.5 new
Star Teebird 173
G-star Teebird 167 new
DX Teebird 175 x3

Played Roc/Link only round today at Apex Nature Park (7 over), stunk up a few holes but had some nice pars too. Last time I played there I birdied #15 for the first time (Teebirds + Link).

Didn't play much in 2022. Started playing again more recently. Latest bag:

Hard Vapor Link 174
Soft Link 176 x2

KC Pro Roc 180 x2 (one beat, second less beat)
Quantum Taurus 177

Pro Leopard 175
Star Leopard3 163
Champ Leopard 167
G-star Teebird 167
Champ Teebird 173.5
Champ Banshee 175

Dragon 150
G-Star Sidewinder 153
Pro Valkyrie 166 x2

Latest posts