• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Cincinnati best of...

barrymockies

A bunch of us are headed to Cincy this weekend for hang outs. I'm just wondering a few different things:

Out of the big 3 (Idlewild, Lincoln Ridge, Mt. Airy), which do we have to play if we can only play one course, possibly two?

Also, we like beer and food. Best brewery/pub/place to eat in the area too?

Any other suggestions on fun things?

Thanks for your help.

It depends on what kind of course you like to play. They all have different personalities.

Here's my reply from the other thread where you posted.
Idlewild and Lincoln Ridge are twenty minutes apart if you're tight on time and want to play two.

If you're wanting to play a round and head for a meal and some local brews, I would say Mt. Airy and then head downtime to the Rock Bottom Brewery downtown on Fountain Square.

It depends on what kind of course you like to play. They all have different personalities.

Here's my reply from the other thread where you posted.
Cool thanks! Yeah, I didn't know if anybody would see it on the other page. Appreciate the help!

No worries. So what kind of course(s) are you looking to play?

If you want to feel like you were punished walking back to the car: Idlewild

If you want distance in a mostly open setting: Mt. Airy (looks real easy on paper...looks easy)

If you want the modern day version of a deuce with a decent mixture of shots: Lincoln Ridge

With the two very different personalities, I think Idlewild and Lincoln Ridge are perfect complements.

I understand completely.

I am going to try to get out to Osage Grove tomorrow if it stays cold. It's more of a cross between Airy and Lincoln Ridge. Adam Jones has done a great job.

While Idlewild is a must play, it will beat you down. Lincoln Ridge is more fun to play.

They got a Rock Bottom in every city... hit the Hofbraühaus. Mt. Airy is fantastic, Lincoln Ridge is a lot of fun. Haven't played Idlewild yet.

There is a very cool restaurant called Chi-nnatis. It is closer to Mt Airy. They specialize in Chicago and Cincinnati style food. Best pizza in Ohio IMO. They also have a jumping bar. Go early though as they can get very busy.

You will regret not playing Idlewild. It's one of those courses that people talk about -- good or bad it's fun to be in on the discussion.

And get the 5-way at Goldstar on your way out. (I know -- start the Cincy chili debate . . .. gotta play Idlewild and you gotta have some chili, why not cross 2 off the list with one trip . .. :) )

I understand completely.

I am going to try to get out to Osage Grove tomorrow if it stays cold. It's more of a cross between Airy and Lincoln Ridge. Adam Jones has done a great job.

THis! I can't wait to play a tourney there one day. Adam is a great tour guide!

I think I may be a little late on this but if I had to choose one place to play and one place to eat I'd go with:

Food: Currito Burrito
Golf: Lincoln Ridge/Banklick

Latest posts