• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Cincy Disc Golf

roadtripstuff

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
So my buddy and I are heading down to cincy on the 20th. I haven't been down to play any of the courses yet and wanted to get some input from those of you that get to play these courses on a regular basis.

I looked through the reviews, photos, etc... and came up with a list of the ones I would like to play, but won't have time to get them all in. We will probably get into town around 8:00am so hopefully we will be able to get in at least four courses if not five.

Here is the list of the ones that I want to try to play. I have put them in order with the ones that I want to play most, from the pics and the reviews that I have read, first. So my question is, do I have any must plays too low on the list, keeping in mind that I won't be able to get to the last three or four courses.

1. Idlewild
2. Mt Airy Forest
3. Heritage Park
4. Lincoln Ridge
5. Woodland Mound Park
6. Pride Park
7. Winton Woods
8. Boone Woods Park

Last edited:
I'd put Lincoln Ridge in the #2 position. It's a really good course and relatively close to Idlewild so you might as well play those two together if possible.

I'd put Lincoln Ridge in the #2 position. It's a really good course and relatively close to Idlewild so you might as well play those two together if possible.

Hey, thanks man. I will probably get a route figured out once I see which courses are the top 4 or 5 in the area. Just to make sure I'm not going to a lesser caliber course because some homers gave it a 4 when it should have been a 2.5 or 3.

I just got back from harbin park it is my fav course on the ohio side of the Greater cincy area, lincon ridge is a must. Be prepared for alot of rough all over pride, personally im in to that type of thing. If it is wet you will need cleats for pride. Heritage is the only 18 hole course in the area i havent played, not big on flat courses. If you want to hit a wooded course but opt out of pride monroe is a great 24 short wooded course.

I just got back from harbin park it is my fav course on the ohio side of the Greater cincy area, lincon ridge is a must. Be prepared for alot of rough all over pride, personally im in to that type of thing. If it is wet you will need cleats for pride. Heritage is the only 18 hole course in the area i havent played, not big on flat courses. If you want to hit a wooded course but opt out of pride monroe is a great 24 short wooded course.

Just looked over Monroe, and I think I will try to hit that one up while I'm there.

I agree completely, Idlewild is #1 followed by Banklick just a few miles away and then back in Cincy play Mt Airy.

So I have it narrowed down and a route planned out.

1) Woodland Mound - Seems to be a nice course to warm up on.
2) Lincoln Ridge
3) Idlewild
4) Mt Airy Forest
5) Monroe - If we have time left after hitting all the others.

skip Woodland Mound, I walked it just last month and thought the course was a joke. Hole 2 was 210 and the tee said par 4. Simply spend more time at Idlewild!

skip Woodland Mound, I walked it just last month and thought the course was a joke. Hole 2 was 210 and the tee said par 4. Simply spend more time at Idlewild!

Lol, par 4 huh? well thats pretty funny, but that really wouldn't matter to me too much, we play everything as 3s anyway. The course did look like a pitch and putt, and the reviews same the same, but I figure at least I can get in a new course and I won't be able to review it if I never play it.

if you really want a warm up place in the area of your others play boone instead of woodland. Dont expect much though, i only play it because of its relation to idle and lincoln.

I would conisder adding turtle if you get tired of throwing in tunnel fariways. It has a nice open 9 to go with a tight back.

go to cincinnatidiscgolf.com for some very nice pics and course descriptions as well as the ones here.

Lol, par 4 huh? well thats pretty funny, but that really wouldn't matter to me too much, we play everything as 3s anyway. The course did look like a pitch and putt, and the reviews same the same, but I figure at least I can get in a new course and I won't be able to review it if I never play it.

Dont play Idlewild as 3's.... Airy and Lincoln are close to 4's as well.

Are you going to try to get all these courses in one day?? Idlewild and Banklick (Lincoln Ridge) will take 6 solid hours...

If you only have one day, you should do them in this order:

1) Banklick (Lincoln Ridge) - Good warm-up for Idlewild.
2) Idlewild - Just 20 minutes away. Plan on being there for close to 3 hours.
3) Mt Airy - 45 minutes from Idlewild

If you have any time let over, go play Idlewild again!!! :)