• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Help] clarify for new discers

I searched for bar stamp, I hear it alot and was confused. Thought it was a stamp from a bar that sponsored a tourney.

That's awesome. I wish there were less of the real bar stamps and more of your kind! :) :D :hfive:

Two other terms you might head a lot (especially in reference to Innova Rocs) are "Rancho" and "San Marino"

This refers to two of Innova's factories, in San Marino (duh) and Rancho Cuagamonga. They produced discs slightly differently.

What about the term Pre-Barry? I'm guessing it's got something to do with disc golf history I'm not aware of.

Pre-Barry refers to Leopards made before Barry Schulz's signature was on them. They are regarded as superior champion plastic similar to CE.

Two other terms you might head a lot (especially in reference to Innova Rocs) are "Rancho" and "San Marino"

This refers to two of Innova's factories, in San Marino (duh) and Rancho Cuagamonga. They produced discs slightly differently.

all the Roc talk is confusing. I pretty much throw rhfh only, so I think Rocs are not viable for my game at this time.I broke my right collar bone awhile back, and rhbh isn't gonna work for me.

CE or Champion Edition Plastic is an old, out of production type of plastic made by Innova. It is prized among some folks for it's supposedly superior durability and feel, however it seems to be prone to shattering when it gets too beat up. I'm certainly not the expert on it but I noticed someone used the term earlier in the thread without explaining it.

Pre-Barry refers to Leopards made before Barry Schulz's signature was on them. They are regarded as superior champion plastic similar to CE.

Similarly pre-Kenny refers to discs made before Kenny Climo's name was put on them (wraiths for example). Then there are pre-flight number discs which are Innova discs before they came out with their flight ratings. Although it seems like they still made some even after flight numbers were available.

Some discraft fans can fill you in on wasp-tooled and buzz-tooled, etc.

Ok, here's another one. What is the difference in a Plus 1 mold? I hear mostly bad comments about them. I just realised my 2 XD DXs are Plus 1 mold. How are they different?

Ok, here's another one. What is the difference in a Plus 1 mold? I hear mostly bad comments about them. I just realised my 2 XD DXs are Plus 1 mold. How are they different?
Plus molds have the inner rim slightly slanted out, so the bottom angles toward the edge of the disc. Regular molds are vertical or as far as new, non-plus mold Rocs, almost vertical.

Latest posts