• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Dynamic] Classic Blend durability is awful. Anyone else have problems with it?

SnackeyG

I did not expect it to be this bad at all. First time trying it and after 20 minutes of putting my brand new disc looked like this.

My classic soft was perfectly fine. I'm assuming Super Soft would also be fine. I haven't tried prime or regular classic yet.

Attachments

• IMG_0501.jpg
    IMG_0501.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 204
What kind of basket? But to answer the question, no. I have had the same 2 putters (one classic and one classic soft) in my bag for a few years now.

I have had some bad results with Discs putting on Mach v baskets with the hole number on the round placard on top (specifically when the rubber or foam is no longer on the outside)
ldga-machiii.jpg
, shaving the rim badly with a freak hit. I can see how that's possible. Or putting the band of a discatcher. Don't blame the Putter man, it never helps ;)

What kind of basket? But to answer the question, no. I have had the same 2 putters (one classic and one classic soft) in my bag for a few years now.

I have had some bad results with Discs putting on Mach v baskets with the hole number on the round placard on top (specifically when the rubber or foam is no longer on the outside)
ldga-machiii.jpg
, shaving the rim badly with a freak hit. I can see how that's possible. Or putting the band of a discatcher. Don't blame the Putter man, it never helps ;)

It was a Discatcher pro. They're older on this course so it's probably sharp. I still love my Judge. After a pick up today I actually have 7 of them to practice with. 2 SS, 3 CS, and 2 Blend. Just felt disappointed on this blend gouging so quickly.

I had a classic blend I tried for a while and after a month, it looked like a ten year old disc. All chunked and warped and couldn't bend it flat. Could have just been the run, but I ended up trading it off. Loved how it felt though.

I have noticed that Classic Blend has many different types of softness. I have a Classic Blend Slammer, i have thrown it into trees, rocks, chains, ground, everything you can imagine. And it's a little warped, but flies great. I also have a suuuuuper beat Classic Blend Judge. It was my main putter for putting for about a year, and now i have thrown it for a year. Flies great, nice slow turnover when thrown hard.

So, i decided to try to cycle a new Blend Judge into my bag, in case i lose the one i use now. First it flew nice and straight. But then, after a few hits, it started flipping like crazy. It has minimal wear compared to the old one, but flies different. Same happened to my friend, bought a new Blend Judge, threw it for two weeks and boom. Flippy and unreliable.

I've had the same two Classic Blend Wardens in my bag for over 3 years now, and yes they dinged up a bit on the first few throws into the basket (plastic hitting metal, it's bound to happen). But aside from the cosmetic damage, they fly the same as ever. And in my experience, most baseline plastics do the same thing (DX, Pro-D, etc). Eventually they get enough dings that they all blend in with one another.

I used Classic Blend Judges and Wardens before settling on the Classic (hard) Warden. i prefer stiff putters, and the Classic Blend would start out "just right" but fairly soon would get softer than I liked. Going to Classic solved that problem for me.

Beyond that, though, I never had problems with the Blend. All putters get scuffed up some with use, but only the Discraft Pro-D plastic really got (messed) up with a small amount of use. So maybe you got a bad run

Its not as bad as it looks. Trust me, Ive been using the same blend judges since they were released and they hold up really well. The dings just looks horrible to begin with compared to the pristine finish they come in.

Dx, D line, and pro D all chunk up waaay more than blend in the long run.

That (Gateway) plastic is awful. Ive had more durable crayons.

Switch to premium plastic putters.

Pay little mind to this advice OP. Some preach to the 'benefits' of premium putters for putting, but they are the minority.

OP, the major scuffing is typical of Trilogy baseline, but they look worse than they fly. If you're looking for a better quality plastic, Gateway has some incredible baseline runs; I'd check them out first. SS or SSS is a good place to start if you prefer the feel of Classic Blend.

Last edited:
Pay little mind to this advice OP. Some preach to the 'benefits' of premium putters for putting, but they are the minority.

OP, the major scuffing is typical of Trilogy baseline, but they look worse than they fly. If you're looking for a better quality plastic, Gateway has some incredible baseline runs; I'd check them out first. SS or SSS is a good place to start if you prefer the feel of Classic Blend.

Why are you acting like your opinion is superior?

Do you even know why premium plastic putters arent favorited? Do you even know the history or are you blindly following something because you are fearful of being in the "minority".

Classic Soft is actually my favorite for the Judge besides Fuzion for throwing. On Friday I actually picked up 5 judges for practice. I now have 7 to putt practice with. I'll still give the Blend a chance. I did like how it putted.

So I have 3 CS, 2 SS, and 2 Blend.

I can say that prime can get scuffed quicker but for 7$ I'm definitley ok with that, and the firmness is very desireable.

But classic has held up for me as well as any other company's baseling plastic. And I've putted with them all. Seriously :|

Did they change the Trilogy hard blends recently? A bit over a year ago I had pushed hard to swap over all Trilogy (which ended up not happening) and tried out a lot of Trilogy discs. I absolutely loved the BT Hard and Zero Hard plastics. Recently I got a Classic Slammer and it felt like absolute waxy junk compared to the other hard Trilogy plastics I had tried. Is Classic different then BT/ Zero Hard or did they change the blend or?

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Did they change the Trilogy hard blends recently? A bit over a year ago I had pushed hard to swap over all Trilogy (which ended up not happening) and tried out a lot of Trilogy discs. I absolutely loved the BT Hard and Zero Hard plastics. Recently I got a Classic Slammer and it felt like absolute waxy junk compared to the other hard Trilogy plastics I had tried. Is Classic different then BT/ Zero Hard or did they change the blend or?

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Classic and BT Hard are supposed to be the same thing. I've gotten Harps, a Crown and a Shield in BT Hard recently, and they feel the same as my Classic Wardens from many months ago. I have a Classic Warden on order; when it gets here I'll make a point to check out the plastic vs. older stuff...

I got a Classic Marshal free for signing up for a clinic by Drew Gibson. Putted with it for one round, and it had already started fraying around the bottom of the rim. Retired it immediately.