• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Classic Review lines

I'm sure that there was a limited amount of space to work with in there, but that doesn't justify 150 ft horseshoe shaped holes. I wasn't advised that I needed a PDGA approved boomerang in my bag.
From LoPan12's Northeast Park review.

I loled pretty good b/c I know exactly what hole he is talking about.

Whatchoo gotz against horseshoez?! :p

I like horseshoes but they need to be long, legitimate par 4/5 type holes.

But in this case I definitely agree with you, I think the designer is a ****ing idiot.

the best horseshoe holes are where they are par fives and the designer doesnt know what a spike hyzer is. albatross.

I am not sure if this one has been posted before but from Ghetto Leprechaun's review of Roosevelt Park in Albuquerque NM.

I was out with a buddy once and he asked where the pin was. I literally told him, "You see that bum peeing in the tree over there? It's 20 feet to the left."

Absolutely incredible.

MNcyclone said:
For all its faults, Fountain Hills is still by far the best course in the Phoenix area. Yes, playing ball golf with discs around a toilet bowl while a feces cannon fires every 15 minutes provides the best disc golf experience in Phoenix.

I'm not one for tooting my own horn.. (lies) but I've had people comment on my review of Avalon Peaks.

"I think Carmen Sandiego stole hole 9 cuz when I looked at the map and then the field I thought.. "where in the world."

From BogeyNoMore's review of Wyandotte Memorial Park:

BogeyNoMore said:
Hole 6 is a disaster WAITING to happen: Fairly long, straight hole with a skate park situated approx halfway down, maybe 60' to the left of the fairway... with prevailing winds blowing in that direction... I cannot stress how well this is positioned to catch overstable disc that gains too much altitude. It's simply a matter of time before a skater gets Destroyed, Nuked, or attacked by a Ninja. Wanted to list this above under 'pros,' but thought I'd hold off on that until they until they set up a camera and link to YouTube so we can all watch the ensuing melee.

Here's some snippets of a review I just looked at:

The pond/river on 6,7, and 8 should not have been incorporated into the layout. Having to throw over that three times is retarded. In ball golf if you hit your ball into the water you lose a buck or two. I'm not risking my $14 disc on a stupid mud pond. Water is fine if its for asthetic purposes, but should never be used as a hazard in disc golf. Unless you can easily fish out your disc without getting soaked and muddy, waster is just dumb.

Hmmm, not sure I agree with that, but okay that's your opinion.

If you are up in the Cloud area, go play Augusta/Hidden Lake. Championship caliber course with great features!

Where you have to throw over water on many occasions? Sayyyy whaaaat?? :doh:

And also:

Tried to go over to Calvary from here, but that course was ridculously packed with chumbalones

WTF is a chumbalone??? :D

Chumbolone 264 up, 8 down
Noun. Pronounced: "chum'-buh-loan"
1) term originally used primarily in and around the Chicago area to describe a person who is easily tricked into doing something directly counter to their own personal self-interest; 2) since the 2008 presidential election, also applied to anyone outside the Chicago area who exhibits similar incapacity for sound judgment; 3) a person so devoid of common sense that they can be manipulated in any number of ways without having the slightest clue as to how ignorant and/or stupid they are.
Application: Originally applied to lesser-educated Caucasians of lower intelligence who tend to believe anything that government officials and the news media tell them; since the 2008 election, now also applied to better-educated and intelligent Caucasians of all ages and genders who are totally devoid of any street smarts whatsoever, as well as to members of all other races, age groups and genders who also continue to believe whatever is told to them by government and media representatives evidence to the contrary notwithstanding.

Synonym: chump, dupe, stooge, imbecile, sucker, idiot, hick, hayseed, moron, roundhead, ignoramus, dumb-ass, dip ****.
Antonym: urban street-wise denizen, intelligent well-versed voter.
Government Manipulator: "I'm doing this for you, because it's really in your best interest." Chumbolone: "Well, heck, gee wiz, OK, why didn't you just say so- just tell me what I should do."

Government Manipulator: "If you give me $20 I'll make your life much better." Chumbolone: "Well, jeez, now you're talkin'- here's $40, so you can make my life twice as good!"
buy chumbolone mugs & shirts
chump dupe stooge imbecile sucker idiot hick hayseed moron roundhead ignoramus dumb-ass dip ****.
by Woodrow Henry Jul 23, 2011 share this add a video
2. Chumbolone 29 up, 1 down
Chumbolone

Pronounced: chum-buh-LOAN.

1. A person who is notably stupid or severely lacking in judgment.

2. A resident of Chicago who accepts endless tax increases and pervasive corruption; a chump.

Other uses: Chumbolonery(general), Chumboloned(past tense verb)
Guy: "I hope Chicago gets the 2016 Olympics."
Guy2: "What are you, a chumbolone?"

Guy: "Daley just said he's cleaning up corruption in this city."
Guy2: "That's some serious chumbolonery right there."

Guy: "I just put 28 quarters into a parking meter. I think I've been chumboloned."
idiot moron fool dumb**** chicagoan
by duhhhhhhhhh Jul 2, 2009 share this add a video
3. chumbolone 106 up, 16 down
idiot, stupid - Popularized by Chicago newspaper columnist John Kass after first hearing the word spoken in testimony by mob messenger boy Anthony "Twan" Doyle during a 2007 federal trial. While working for the mob, Doyle got himself hired into the Chicago Police Department evidence department in order to remove or destroy DNA and other evidence of mob homicides.
Actual example: "I gave him lip service," Doyle said. "I didn't know what he was talking about. I don't wanna look like a chumbolone, an idiot, stupid," Doyle said from the witness stand.
idiot stupid pawn dupe dummy chump
by Jaded1 Jun 12, 2009 share this add a video

I have had many people tell me that my line about a course was one of the best they have ever read.

In regards to pros:

"My favorite thing about this course was leaving it and knowing I never had to come back"

I have had many people tell me that my line about a course was one of the best they have ever read.

In regards to pros:

"My favorite thing about this course was leaving it and knowing I never had to come back"

Wow, congrats!!!

:|