• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Classic Review lines

he probably could be either.

I would not call myself a fan of wide open 900 foot holes. However, I probably would have unloaded 3 or 4 drives in this situation as long as my back or arm didn't hurt. If i was in pain, i would have skipped it too.

From jcbnxll's review for Greenfield in Troutville, VA, a 4.25 rated course:
"Hole 13(?) is something like 900 feet in a straight line with no elevation changes or really a single tree. I didn't even throw this hole."

I can't tell if this is because the reviewer is too good or not good enough to play a bomber hole.

"Hole 13(?) is something like 900 feet in a straight line with no elevation changes or really a single tree. I didn't even throw this hole."

I can't tell if this is because the reviewer is too good or not good enough to play a bomber hole.

He could be making a point of the difference between a bomber hole and a boring bomber hole. Idk.

When I played it, hole 13 was 1040' and uphill quite a bit.

When I played it, hole 13 was 1040' and uphill quite a bit.

Yup. Plus trees and a creek in the left, OB shule on the right, and a decent crosswind. My point for posting was more the bombasticity of choosing to skip the hole simply because it was long and open. He had another review where he talks about skipping multiple holes because they looked boring as well.

some recent quotes i've read from future trusted reviewers.

Cedit to wericsson review of Mastin Lake
Apparently some HVX players try to avoid playing here to protect their ratings. Not sure if this is superstition/misunderstanding of the system or what.
https://www.dgcoursereview.com/reviews.php?id=641&page=1&mode=rev#75805

Credit to Blake833's Review of Kenya Science Campus DGC
You're playing in Nairobi. How cool is that!
https://www.dgcoursereview.com/reviews.php?id=8637&page=1&mode=rev#76229

Credit to nb370's review of Pao O Te Rangi DGC
There's a portaloo that's there on occasion
https://www.dgcoursereview.com/reviews.php?id=8635&page=1&mode=rev#76225

Yup. Plus trees and a creek in the left, OB shule on the right, and a decent crosswind. My point for posting was more the bombasticity of choosing to skip the hole simply because it was long and open. He had another review where he talks about skipping multiple holes because they looked boring as well.

I played this hole last week and it was a nice change of pace from the rest. The Blue Tee was also elevated 15-20 ft. Fairway was maybe 60 wide the entire length with plenty of danger on each side. The OB fence on the right would actually help inspire some BH roller attempts (if I was a righty).

In general, there aren't many disc golf holes worth skipping. In fact, I can't recall ever doing such as that would mess with my UDisc stats, ha! But THIS hole??? On one of the top-rated courses in VA? I can't imagine simply walking it without trying my hand at a well-deserved birdie.

I think the reviewer possesses a level of badassery that the rest of us can't comprehend. There's no other rationale. :)

I know many people have brought up TheValkyriekid already (I wish we could tag people we mention, can someone work that out?) but here is one of my favorite lines in his review of Magnolia Park, St. Martinville, LA, where he uses the word "lovely" about 16 times:

"The park is lovely. The equipment is lovely. I was lovely."

Just poetic.

I know many people have brought up TheValkyriekid already (I wish we could tag people we mention, can someone work that out?)
quoting ppl tags them (or at least gives them notification if that's what your intention is), but if your intention is to show them their profile then you can link it.

Not a line, but I still think it's hilarious that my Pendleton King Park review has more thumbs than my Idlewild review or my Flip review.

I know many people have brought up TheValkyriekid already (I wish we could tag people we mention, can someone work that out?) but here is one of my favorite lines in his review of Magnolia Park, St. Martinville, LA, where he uses the word "lovely" about 16 times:

"The park is lovely. The equipment is lovely. I was lovely."

Just poetic.

I had the distinct pleasure of meeting TVK last month. One of the highlights of my young DG experience.

TVK's really a fun guy to play with. He's up for anything, and not necessarily soft-spoken with his self-deprecating humor. You gotta love his enthusiasm. The Shide hooked us up for what turned out to be the very last round to ever get played at the now RIP'd Spinski's.

Not too far into our round, the sole separated from his shoe. It was just dangling from the bottom (loose in the front, attached toward the rear), flopping around like a hound dog's ear. He surveyed the area and found something (a piece of wire IIRC) to wrap around the front of his foot and just motored on... pretty sure he'd even forgotten his shoe blew up after a few holes.

He also got to witness (what I hope remains), the worst rollaway I've everpersonally experienced, at Johnson Park.
I couldn't believe how far my putter rolled down that #$#@!@&^%$! hill*...

twice! :wall: :mad: :wall: :mad:

After finding my putter near the base of a large, steep, leaf covered hill (probably would have lost it if another player hadn't spotted it rolling to hell), I did my bet to get as far back up the hill as I could. When it landed, it caught an edge, got vertical, and came right back down at me. We all laughed our @$$es off.

* You think just maybe it coulda hit any of the several fallen branches lying in the leaves or something to stop it? Nope. :eek: :(

Last edited:
Not a line, but I still think it's hilarious that my Pendleton King Park review has more thumbs than my Idlewild review or my Flip review.

yeah, my most thumb'd up review was a new but obscure 9 holer in houston i gave a 0 to. Granted, it is some of my best wring ;)

yeah, my most thumb'd up review was a new but obscure 9 holer in houston i gave a 0 to. Granted, it is some of my best wring ;)

Rubbernecking... They get a lot of views because people see that 0 rating on the front page and want to see the trainwreck for themselves. Or, they want to see someone have a breakdown flaming a course they had a bad experience at.

Credit to DiscinOhio on his review of Austintown Township Park
Trying to make a putt on these baskets is the equivalent to throwing a football at Helen Keller. Odds are, it's just going to hit Helen in the face and fall to the ground. Whoever makes these baskets should be banned from making anything related to disc golf. Sorry, Helen.

I'm probably way late for the party but every time I read a redneck machismo review, I'm thoroughly amused.

His review of Little Mulberry Park. its rated a +4 and he gave it a 0
I am sorry to be negative but it took all I could do to not run from this course and pray that I don't even visit it again in a bad dream.

I think I've wishlisted every course he hated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Credit to The Valkyrie Kid, again
Unami Creek Disc Golf Course should come with the following warning label;

WARNING! This course is not suitable for families, recreational players, mature recreational players, girlfriends, the handicapped, players playing with one disc, newbies, anyone in short pants, and definitely, no wives allowed.